B15 Sentra Forum banner

301 - 302 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
i mean, normally you gain power over the stock header, but your header is no longer stock, it has been gutted, so im not sure there will be significant power gain changing to a megan. i would just assume that exhaust flow will be better with the megan, but im not sure how much youll gain, so i doubt it will be worth it. if you were considering fi-r header or something, that would be different story. essentially, unless youre doing more work to the car, i would suffice with the gutted header. im assuming you gutted the header because youre not in a smog/visual state. also, dont forget to put the antifoulers on the lower o2, on your midpipe. you might not have a p0420 yet, but you will get one after sometime driving.

as for your donut gasket, if you didnt put a new one, its possible it could leak on you. when you press the throttle, the motor shifts and tries to rotate, and what happens is that spring bolt area becomes the flex point. the original screws are topped, so they will only thread so far into the header until they bottom out. sometimes, once removed, the gasket will no longer full seat into place without a new gasket, or new bolts. you should be able to feel around the connection, when the motor is cold and you first start the motor of course, feel around the connection quickly, it might be a small leak there, not saying there is a leak, but its possible. otherwise, you may just be hearing the sound of a missing cat, normally the gutted header is fairly quiet, unless you have catback or blown midpipe cat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the input i68k. I'll double check around gasket for any leaks. I'm in Va and only removed precat cause it had to be taken out to weld sensor sleeve back into place. Since it was out I didn't wanna take any chances and removed it.

Forgot too mention that new bolts and springs were used too reconnect.

301 - 302 of 302 Posts