B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I jumped on the Zaino bandwagon and I'm glad I did. I washed with dawn, claybared and did a layer of z5 only as I have time until tomorrow to do anymore.....and it already looks better than any wax I've ever used. The 1 layer of z5 I used did a decent job of covering up the swirl marks but at certain angles you can still see them. I did get a tiny scratch here or there from the claybar as the bumpers were very filthy and crap got caught in the bar. Tomorrow is another layer of z5 and a z2 if I have time!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Congrats on the Zaino! That's what I use on my ride and hell yeah the results are top notch! If you saw gloss with Z5, wait 'till you use Z2! That's a TRUE polish for our clear coat finishes! Did you get ZFX flash cure additive to put in (5 drop per ounce of Z2)? It really helps cut down the drying time and enriches the gloss... Be sure to use Z6 gloss enhancer between each coat of polish, that way it'll come off better when buffing and helps get that deep wet shiny look. Also make sure you use 100% USA made cotton towels. It's worth the expense if you don't want microscratches (especialy since you've applied Z5!)...

For maintenance, just wash with Z7 and spary on Z6. Bingo! You'll have a showroom finish every time!

P.S. You gotta love the smell of ALL Zaino products! :)

Keep up the good work, and oh, POST PICS!!! ;)

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't get the zfx, didn't take too long to dry as my car is in the sun all the time, no shade....I was suprised at how thin this stuff is supposed to go on.....I couldn't hardly see it, but I was told that's how it's supposed to be lol. The first section I did I put enough on so I could see it, but then realized that it was way too much as it was harder to buff off. I'll post pics when it's all finished! Claybaring is awesome......the finish is so glass smooth.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes that's the way to do things with Zaino. Very thin layers. Zaino polish is a layering system, meaning the more you put on, the deeper the gloss. I'm already at over 30 coats in 2 months and the results are obviously breath taking (as you can see on my website www.membres.lycos.fr/orangevee). I love this stuff. And of course, the claybar helps prep the surface by removing dirt, grime and other surface contaminants that have been sitting there for a while if you car is over a year old.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do you use Z6 gloss enhancer after each coat? If not, you should. It'll also give your ride that smooth feeling and really helps repel dust and keep dust off the car for longer than other products would.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Sweet. Another Zaino convert. :D

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
yep, zaino owns.

feel the smoothness of the car after the clay bar and show car polish? it's effing amazing!!!

I'm gonna get a few more products from them before nopi :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
What do you mean by "Dawn"? Do you mean Dawn dishwashing liquid? Or is it something I havent heard of?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pugnex, what did you use before?

Since I've had my car I've used the Dawn ->> Meguiars 3 step process (Paint cleaner, polish, wax) and the results have been good; at least to my eyes. But in seeing others post pics, which probably never do the cars justice, I've seen some very good outcomes. When I run out of product I'll take the plunge and try out Zaino bros.

Did you find yourself pulling a lot of crap off of the paint when using the claybar?

Post some pics when you get the chance.

->> Blackout RuLeZ! <<-

-KurticusGT-

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
437 Posts
Zaino works awesome on dark colored cars, but it also makes freaking wonders on light colored cars like my Volcanic Orange SpecV or even a yellow one from one of my clients (check out the results on my webpage www.membres.lycos.fr/orangevee or www.cardomain.com/id/orangevee).

And do NOT use Dawn liquid soap all the time! It's just recommended for the FIRST time you do the full Zaino treatment, to remove oils, dirt, grime, and previous coats of wax. I REPEAT: LIQUID DISH SOAP is very bad for a paint finish! The pH of a dish soap is very alkaline and that's bad for paint. No wonder dish soap gets rid of all the crap in dishes, whereas a car soap is a balanced (hence neutral) pH that will not harm your finish.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OrangeVee said:
Zaino works awesome on dark colored cars, but it also makes freaking wonders on light colored cars like my Volcanic Orange SpecV or even a yellow one from one of my clients (check out the results on my webpage www.membres.lycos.fr/orangevee or www.cardomain.com/id/orangevee).

And do NOT use Dawn liquid soap all the time! It's just recommended for the FIRST time you do the full Zaino treatment, to remove oils, dirt, grime, and previous coats of wax. I REPEAT: LIQUID DISH SOAP is very bad for a paint finish! The pH of a dish soap is very alkaline and that's bad for paint. No wonder dish soap gets rid of all the crap in dishes, whereas a car soap is a balanced (hence neutral) pH that will not harm your finish.
Yes. I agree, I only used it for the initial start up. I haven't gotten to do anymore other than the z5 so far, my weekends have been too busy :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts