B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so pumped... After countless tries I've been racing my car since the season started and I been running 15.0-15.1 consistantly. I just couldn't break 14.999.

Today was a beautiful day for Drag Racing...Perfect weather....

Well the 1st run I missed 3rd and ran a 15.593 :rolleyes:

The 2nd run I launched at 3000rpm's and ran a 14.985 :eek:

Here's the kicker the 3rd run I lauched at about 2900rpm's and pulled a 14.798...... :D :D :D :D

I think I still could have done a little better because on my last run I let off the accelerator alittle to early. But the track was getting packed so I left early and very happy

Here's my slip #'s

I got a crappy R/T but I was trying to launch perfectly.

r/t 1.074
60' 2.108
1/8 9.488
1/8mph 74.62
1/4 14.798
1/4mph 92.76

The Safc2 and BSR kit were the final touches that got me in the 14's

Before those two mods I dynoed at 157.95whp and 163.15wtq
After those two mods I dynoed at 165.02whp and 167.59wtq
Hopefully this fall/winter I'll get Cams or a Jwt clutch/Flywheel kit or maybe both :D

Sorry for the Novel but I reallt excited........yay for me :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
BOUT DAMN TIME TO!!!!! ;) nice job! i know uve been trying
lol I bet i have ran my car 50-75times ....probably 70-80 but i didn't keep all the slips but there is aleast 50 in front of me now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you guys think that cams would knock anothers .2 off my times or am I dreaming.

I figure with a prefect run with my current mods I could pull and 14.6 maybe 14.5.

cams - 14.5-14.4
Porting - 14.3
cat removal - 14.2
Lowering & light weight rims - 14.1
Nitrious - 13.3-13.1

/\/\Does the above sound about right?/\/\
 

·
I drive an auto...
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
hahahaa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Congrats! The 14-second club is a sweet one! But I think that with all the mods you have, you should do alot better with practice... Your trap speed seems too low for the mods you have... Hmmm...
 

·
I'm with your mom
Joined
·
1,540 Posts
damn that's cool, good time

1 question though, the bsr and a safc only gave u 8whp? dont u get 7from the bsr and at least another 5 from the safc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OrangeVee said:
Congrats! The 14-second club is a sweet one! But I think that with all the mods you have, you should do alot better with practice... Your trap speed seems too low for the mods you have... Hmmm...
I thought so too... I ran 27-28 Psi in the front tires and 42-43 Psi in the rear tires. Like I said though I let of the accelerator too soon. I actually though that I made like a low 15's run but it was 14.7 lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
good job man...welcome to 14's!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,108 Posts
nice werk dusty!!111!!!!1111111!!!!!1!!!!!1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NISMO82 said:
damn that's cool, good time

1 question though, the bsr and a safc only gave u 8whp? dont u get 7from the bsr and at least another 5 from the safc?
I actually dynoed after the BSR and I got 3whp and another 5-6whp from the Safc2.

I don't think the BSR gives you 7whp....others have also stated that its good for 3-4whp.

One thing I did notice ever since I changed my stock plugs out for irdiums my trap speed has dropped.

I have also heard the the track that i go to is slightly inclined towards the end which would also expain the low traps.

I figure i should be trapping around 95mph and its more like 93mph so who knows.
 

·
STU STi Build Complete
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
Yeah, you should be running much better times, especially once the weather gets even cooler. With your mods I would say 14.4's all day with good weather. Where did you race at cause it looks like the humidity killed you. VERY EXCELLENT 60ft. time there, but the 1/8 mile looks slower than it should with those mods. Did slightly miss any shifts or anything? Maybe it's still the humidity because the trap speed looks a lot lower than it should, like a high 93mph maybe? I don't really have a comparison though because I haven't dragged any this summer, just in the fall with cooler weather. But as I was saying, keep up those good 60's, get some good weather, and you'll be throwing down some [email protected] times soon enough. Congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
piknockout said:
Yeah, you should be running much better times, especially once the weather gets even cooler. With your mods I would say 14.4's all day with good weather. Where did you race at cause it looks like the humidity killed you. VERY EXCELLENT 60ft. time there, but the 1/8 mile looks slower than it should with those mods. Did slightly miss any shifts or anything? Maybe it's still the humidity because the trap speed looks a lot lower than it should, like a high 93mph maybe? I don't really have a comparison though because I haven't dragged any this summer, just in the fall with cooler weather. But as I was saying, keep up those good 60's, get some good weather, and you'll be throwing down some [email protected] times soon enough. Congrats!
Well it was probably about 75 degrees and not much humidity, so I don't think thats the problem.

I let of the gas to early and it affected my trap speed......possibly???

My car has always trapped lower than other spec's but I can't figure it out.

Stock ride height?
Carbon Fiber hood with scoop?
2.5" Exhaust?
Stock rims?
knock sensor?

/\/\I'm not sure take your pick/\/\
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top