B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I see your sig pic I wonder what that smashed vette is about.

I've gotta ask, please enlighten me.

------------------
Mike
-Please pass the vodka!-

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
So you see the answer, I'll post here though it's off topic.

It serves as a reminder to all to not drink and drive through interest, such as yours. I think I should submit it for March's B15 of the month.

Basically, my Dad and step-mom were cruising down a two-lane 55 when a drunk lost control and went left of center.

The pictures that follow do not do the car justice. Remember, this thing weighed 3800 lbs. It was a _VERY_ solid car.

The following is Dad's website for the car. What it does not mention is the driver had no insurance, and no driver's license. IIRK, he is currently serving a 46 month sentence in a federal prision.

Visit http://www.netwalk.com/~rberus/Pictures/1975corvette/RightFront.jpg to see the car before the wreck.

http://www.corvetteforum.net/classics/redvetteman/index2.shtml

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

[This message has been edited by Y2K SE (edited February 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
16 Posts
wow! i hope everyone was okay.

i think driver safety and not drinking and driving can never be off topic.

------------------
I heard the voice of the fourth
living creature say, "Come!"
There before me was a pale horse.
Its rider was named Death, and
Hell was coming with him.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Thanks for posting that. And I agree that it is not off topic. I know most on these boards are younger and probably do and will continue to drink and drive. Unfortunately, I also did. But after seeing the things you are talking about first hand. I will not even drink one light beer and drive for the past 25 years. Great post- who knows it could save someone's life on these boards. Thanks.

Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with AutoTrans

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I agree i think drinkin' and driving is really stupid i have seen alot of accidents cause by drunk drivers,,,not a pretty site.... all i have to say to anyone that drinks and drives think about the families of the people your hurting and also your own family....use a designated driver don't be a fool....yes i have to admit i love to go out and get hammered but i go to this place that has thier own taxi so to speak that if you get plastered they drive you home....I know this isn't hppening at every bar you go to but you could go with someone that doesn't drink...just take a look at Y2K SE's pictures,and ask yourself do you want this to happen to yourself???

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting the info.

I read your Dad's site as well. I hope he and you step Mom fully recover in time.

Where I come from we don't let anyone we know DandD. I've lost school mates to drunk idiots who thought they wouldn't get caught.

People like that should be shot, I have no mercy for someone who makes themselves a danger like that. I have lots of compassion for the victims though.

Thanks for the reminder.

------------------
Mike
-Please pass the vodka!-

[This message has been edited by vodkajello (edited February 22, 2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts