B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my civic I really hated the yellow turn rear turn signals so I painted them with Translucent Candy Apple Red paint and they looked really nice and held up really good for almost 2 years now. Im thinkig about possibly doing that to the clear/yellowish turn signals on the Sentra. I just really like the all red look, it looks so much cleaner.Do you think that would be a dumb thing to do?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't think it'll look dumb. I've been wanting to turn my rear turnsignals red for a while now. The orange really doesn't look cool on a silver and red car. I say go for it.

------------------
Samo

"The Ghettoblaster"

[This message has been edited by samo (edited February 08, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
you could just simply buy a red bulb size 1156A and that will do the trick for istead of ruining the tailight assembly....I changed my rear and front turn signals with hyper white bulbs and they look good as well.....you can look ENEMIGO's cars pictures and see what the front turn's look like....he did the same thing.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds like a much better idea b.c I like the clear/red look but I don't like the yellowish tint. How much were the blubs and where did you get them from? Also how do I check out pics of his car?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

Here's a small pic of his car but you can see the front turns on with the hyper whites in it.......also you can get the bulbs just about anywhere online,local perfomance shop,and what not they run anywhere fro $2-8 dollars....for the red bulbs and right around $8-9.00 for the hyper whites...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey styling,
are your front turns fully white?? Cuz I bought superwhite bulbs for the front and back turn signals and the back ones are really bright white but the fronts are more blue. still looks good, but just wondering

------------------
2k Sentra SE Manual w/PP - Black

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
yes mine are fully white i used APC hyper white turns and headlights and fog light bulbs...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hey guys, my friend did this to his civic. He told me it will work for any car. For that amber reflector...he said he took out the cover for the headlights and he cut out the shiny side of an aluminum foil and somehow taped it to the amber reflector so it would look clear. Do you guys think this will work? Anyone tried it or know about this idea? Holler back

------------------
"ya nahmean?"
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
chinoto[email protected]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Try NightShades it works really well
It is just spray on tint comes in different colors

------------------
FocalJet.com
TEAM Mid-Atlantic

I Love Nissans
Drive a focus

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Taking apart the headlight and taillight assemblies on a 96+ civic is the hardest thing to do. You can ruin the whole light really easily. That is why I just went with painting the tails and leaving the headlights stock. I wouldn't even want to try this on a Sentra b.c I would be to scared of screwing it up.

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
You can also buy some plain clear bulbs 1156...(not "A", that means amber) and then get some high heat paint (maily used to color engines) and paint away, or you can buy them already done on the internet.

Hey SentraStyling.... I saw this one guy with blue reverse lights! I think i'm gunna do that.... What color would look good for the reverse lights? I'm also gunna get some "blacklight" bulbs for the lisence plate bulbs. That way the plate will glow at night. I know this nice shop in Seattle where i bought some stuff.

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enemigo:
You can also buy some plain clear bulbs 1156...(not "A", that means amber) and then get some high heat paint (maily used to color engines) and paint away, or you can buy them already done on the internet.

Hey SentraStyling.... I saw this one guy with blue reverse lights! I think i'm gunna do that.... What color would look good for the reverse lights? I'm also gunna get some "blacklight" bulbs for the lisence plate bulbs. That way the plate will glow at night. I know this nice shop in Seattle where i bought some stuff.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>man sweet idea with the blacklight bulbs for plate lights,,,but won't cops be all over that???hhhhmmmm as far as what color back up bulbs,,,,blue is actually kinda cool,,,,,i'm getting and idea
i think it's time to go to the store HEHEHEHE

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Hey!!...Its all good though... Were both far apart...I'm trying to get some springs from this one cat.... His are off a 98 SE... With some modifications it can fit right? Let me know..I think thier OBX...

P.S. I'm gunna get blue back-up's

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!

·
Registered
57 Posts
the blacklight for the license plate sounds like a good idea. i think my next mod is gonna be that custom grill. it'll have to wait till at least next weekend though

------------------
2k Sentra SE Manual w/PP - Black

1 - 14 of 14 Posts