B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hehe... I had mine today as a matter of fact, so I'm coming down this bumpy *** road at around 50mph, so I hit this pothole and bottomed out my right side suspension with a loud thud! boy does that make me cringe this was only the 2nd time i have bottomed out one of my shocks in 4 weeks of having the sportlines....I am on ultra careful mode but now Im turning it up to ultra super duper safety mode....

·
Registered
623 Posts
lol!!! look, u got 4 wheel disc brakes, use them!!!! j/p

if u think ur springs r bad. u dont wanna be in my car.... i only have 1 inch of travel in my suspension! so i bottom on on every lil thing... and i mean every lil thing...

G

·
My worst experience was probably having the car slide off the ramps damaging my front bumper. I will never forgive myself for that one! :(

Also, having the paint peel off the front bumper was not too pleasant. There is nothing worse than seeing your brand new baby getting damaged.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Thats easy! I was driving someone home at nite, and these punk kids threw something HUGE and WET at my car. The whole side of the car got wet, and there was a dent the size of a bowling ball right above and to the front of the front passenger wheel.

Stupid kids, got no respect!!

The STUPIDEST thing I did was accidently hit a sharp curb while not payin attention and the curb tore the Firestone stock tires in 2 places AND scraped up my stock rim!

The SECOND stupidest thing was trying to squeeze thru two cars while backing outta my garage, and not seeing how close my bumper was to the wall of the garage and scrapin a lil paint off the front corner of the bumper.

The THIRD stupidest thing was opening my door while carrying a lot of stuff, and not being able to catch the door before it swang into a pole that holds up my fence. It's got two lil dots where these screws in the fence bore into the paint on the rear driverside door, by the door handle.

I shall never forgive myself for these stupid things... And definately not those punk kids!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
maxximtl said:
My worst experience was probably having the car slide off the ramps damaging my front bumper. I will never forgive myself for that one! :(

Also, having the paint peel off the front bumper was not too pleasant. There is nothing worse than seeing your brand new baby getting damaged.
hehe, samething happened to me on a service lift at a car shop. stupid idiots!

·
Own3d! by puddy-tats!
501 Posts
The first thing that went wrong was when I turned off the highway on to a gravel road with huge rocks and one hit the passenger door and took a half inch chunk of paint with it. Luckily it left the primer and I can fix it with some of that touch up paint. Second thing was a crack in the windshield which I'm guessing is from one of those trucks on the highway that threw rocks. I didn't notice it until it started spreading a little. Then I was washing my car one day and paint started peeling off my bumper and Nissan paid for the repainting and gave me a rental. And I don't know how long I 've had a brake problem, I thought I was imagining it b/c the car is new and I figured the rotors shouldn't be warped yet--oh well.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
my two worst experiences with this car

1. finding my car in the parking lot with the fender and door dented by some other car, $1100 in damage and no note or anything, that really pissed me off

2. finding my car in the parking lot after a hail storm with little dimples everywhere, $4000 in damage

I've never had such worse luck with a car before, my first two cars I didn't have a single problem, I definately think there is a curse on our cars

·
Registered
21 Posts
Stupidest thing -- washing my brand new gxe for the first time and finding about 3-4 scratches on the hood from my towel. since then i've been almost afraid to wash my car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Probably these two things: Samecked into a crater size pothole at the entrance to the Goethals bridge causing my right wheel to bottom out and throwing my alignment out of whack. That was 8 months ago and I still haven't gottne around to re-aligning it.

The other thing was when I first got my wheels the battery kept dying on me. One morning with the car parked in my garage, it wouldn't start. My other car was sitting in the driveway. Running late for work I needed a jump from my old car. Had to push and steer my new set of wheels out of the garage and up a small incline just to position it so it could be jumped. During the course of pushing it out, I gouged out a 6" gash on the front passenger side fender. Curses..... It's not noticeable but if you look closely there it is..a big ugly gash! Wonder how much to fix it. Anybody got some pointers on fixing it? It's not the metal portion but the fiber glass part of the fender, right underneath the turn signal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The 1st week I had my car, I was driving to work in the rain behind a van when I was about to exit I noticed a exhaust pipe/muffler in the road, I swearved to the right and caught it
on a angle and it punctured my left front tire and bent the rim.

Because of the low visisablity and the van in front I didnt see
the exhause till the last minute, I couldnt go left because
I would have gotten hit by the on going traffic lane. Needless to say I had to get a new tire and rim THE FIRST WEEK.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Worst thing?

Two words: door ding. Happened one night last winter when the SE was in storage. I was extracting a large box from the passenger seat of my other vehicle next to it, when I teetered and bumped the door against the side of the SE. I think my cursing right after that must have woken up half the neighbourhood...

DL

·
Registered
383 Posts
2nd week I had it I rolled back onto a big fat nail...I didn't notice it until probably 2 or 3 days later...had to go to firestone & shell out 96 bucks for a new one!! I also bought insurance so if that crap happens again It'll cost me pennies...I hope :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think that my worst experience so far is reaching for a downshift and getting second gear instead of fourth! Luckily, I only saw 5,000 RPM's and got the clutch in.

Still, not a good feeling when the car suddenly starts losing speed from engine braking in a big ol' hurry.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wonder.......

Am I the only person on this website that hasn't had a single stupid thing happen? :D

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
The 1st time I left the dealership with my new car, and I do mean the FIRST time, having to take it rigt back because the shift interlock wouldn't release the key from the ignition.

One of the technicians actually got the key out, then stuck it right back in!

Good service though. Nothing like a tech, a service advisor, and a parts guy (my Dad) all servicing my car immediately. :)

The 2nd happened yesterday - my sunroof got stuck open. I think the switch is going bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hehe my worst thing..

spilling soda on to my gear selector. Now when putting it into drive it makes a weird screech sound. Getting that fixed today though. :D

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Auto trans

needed to be replaced out of the chute. All turned out well though.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Buying from the dealer that I did. Stadium Nissan in Calgary, Alberta can eat me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
COOL!! THIS IS FUN!!

The stupidiest thing I done was the first day I brought my car home, I heard rattles in my dash. I ended up dissassembling almost the entire dash. I even screwed up the slides for the ash tray. My neighbors couldn't stop laughing. Anyways...I never fixed the rattles and didn't want the dealer to screw around with it. The rattles are still there but I don't pay attention to it anymore. Amazing how I go crazy with the lil'est things only to forget them later....

The smartest thing I done was to get that gas cap holder....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts