B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finnaly did after many times of hesitation and it worked really well for a 2k1 gxe It has a much more deep sound it revs easier and when I took it to track went from a 12 second 60 to a 10.3 60 yess this is sweet one question though what are the chances of water getting through the engion now that the filter is out in the open engion bay

------------------
all your base are belong to us

·
Registered
605 Posts
You shouldn't worry about water since you are sucking air from the engine bay. What I would worry about if I were you is dust/debris. Without the filter box on, your engine is open to stuff getting into it that may cause problems in the future. I would suggest getting a pop cone filter if you do not want to go cold air. I don't know any companies making it for the GA18, but check around. I would try JWT.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I personally don't think it would be much of a difference compaired to using a pop-cone filter seeing that both filters are exposed anyway....
you should maybe pick yourself up a K&N drop in filter though,,they are about $40-50 in price on the average......

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as soon as I get the cash I will pick up the k&n filter

------------------
all your base are belong to us

1 - 4 of 4 Posts