B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well one true win the other guy got a redlight cause he jumped earlier so I still won it. :) My first run is my new ET but I bogged down a little, 2nd run spun too much, 3rd run missed 2nd. This was my second time to Steele, AL to run. I had my 17s on due to a locked lugnut I couldn't take them off.

First Run FIRST WIN!!
Chevy V8 vs Me
R/T- 1.059 - 1.277
60'- 2.427 - 2.594
330- 7.176 - 7.237
1/8- 11.130 - 11.067
MPH- 61.90 - 63.61
1/4- 17.551 - 17.183
MPH- 75.78 - 79.87

I launched off at 2000rpms which caused me to bog down a little, but as you can see I caught up and passed him on top end. :D The guy talked smacked like his V8 would walk over me. .13 away from 80mph GRR

Second Run
Me vs FireBird Trans Am
R/T- 1.138 - .467
60'- 2.681 - 2.561
330- 7.647 - 6.595
1/8- 11.557 - 9.611
MPH- 63.43 - 82.56
1/4- 17.774 - 14.355
MPH- 79.23 - 103.90

This was my second win because the guy jumped too early. My mistake here was spinning my tires too much and shifted into 2nd to get out of spinning to save my tires causing me to take off to slow.

Third Run
Me vs 3.8 V6 Mustang
R/T- 1.292 - .752
60'- 2.542 - 2.497
300- 7.406 - 7.403
1/8- 11.314 - 11.302
MPH- 63.40 - 32.10
1/4- 17.559 - 17.391
MPH- 78.82 - 81.41

This is no joke either if I didn't miss 2nd gear I would've won against this Mustang. Woman was driving it and it was the slowest one there. Hey she challenged me. Yeah this was the closest race all night and I miss 2nd AHHHH.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:( No words of advice on how to improve?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
um impoving? its obvious u need to learn how to launch better, but why are u racing that car neway?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Laloosh said:
um impoving? its obvious u need to learn how to launch better, but why are u racing that car neway?
For fun..

There's a lot of dial in guys who run in the 14's and 15's all the time, but are always 1 or 2 10ths of a second from the previous run, it's consistency.

He's running for fun, and to learn how to drag race.

My suggestion on improving would be to powershift (if you aren't already) and you might want to try launching at a higher RPM and feathering the clutch... it's easier than dumping it I think because you'll feel once the clutch grabs all of the way you can just put the pedal to the floor.. once it's there, it should stay there until you're through the traps

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
.1 or .2 withing each run is not consisten in my book. If u want to give bracket racing a shot u bet dial in xx.55 and run xx.55-xx.59 if u want to win. And its hard as hell to do that in a manual car. In jersey one guy wins 90% of the bracket racing event. He drive a tahoe..... :cool: I understand its for fun and all, but i still dont understand what ure learning from driving a car like that?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Laloosh said:
.1 or .2 withing each run is not consisten in my book. If u want to give bracket racing a shot u bet dial in xx.55 and run xx.55-xx.59 if u want to win. And its hard as hell to do that in a manual car. In jersey one guy wins 90% of the bracket racing event. He drive a tahoe..... :cool: I understand its for fun and all, but i still dont understand what ure learning from driving a car like that?
He would learn more than playing need for speed that's for effing sure. the difference between gxe and spec is a big motor with a notchy transmission really... if that's the case, shouldn't everyone at the dragstrip have a GN or a foxbody? :p

·
Bringin CA back
1,120 Posts
Hhaa I like how everybody is so helpful to newb lol

keep practicing and forget about what these ppl tell u

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well its a GXE and there is only a few so I'm representing. :)

Yeah I need to learn how to launch better and last time I tried power shifting for some reason I ground on 2nd prob because it was the first time at the track. And there are people there that are slower than me. Like there is a Lancer Ralliart running 19s...you can tell he needs to learn how to drive.

Yeah I'm just doing this for fun its a hobby. And I rather start learning the track now that when I get my next car and this one built better. I can taste 13s with a turbo and fine tuning along with some internal work. Wonder what chimmike will get once he is done with his ride?

·
Registered
897 Posts
SilverSleeper86 said:
Well its a GXE and there is only a few so I'm representing. :)

Yeah I need to learn how to launch better and last time I tried power shifting for some reason I ground on 2nd prob because it was the first time at the track. And there are people there that are slower than me. Like there is a Lancer Ralliart running 19s...you can tell he needs to learn how to drive.

Yeah I'm just doing this for fun its a hobby. And I rather start learning the track now that when I get my next car and this one built better. I can taste 13s with a turbo and fine tuning along with some internal work. Wonder what chimmike will get once he is done with his ride?
ahh don't worry about it.. race the damn thing... I used to always race my GXE all the time when I had my bolt-ons on... now I don't do it anymore :(
mileage is too high, gas is expensive, and I don't feel like running the car into the ground.. too much money to maintain it... you might want to think about going lighter with your car and a good suspension setup... our cars are light and good on corners ;) Also a good set of tires would do you wonders...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
SilverSleeper86 said:
:( No words of advice on how to improve?
with everything you have you should be running a 16.5 easily, I guess it just takes practice, I have cai, exhaust, springs, 15' rims, and I run a 16.7 :cool:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Ditch the QG18 motor . :p

:D J/K
with full-bolt'ons you could a 15.9 in the quarter if know how to drive, don't ditch the motor man, get internals, then make the engine a qg18det or a nitrous car my man, I highly recommend the boost though :cool:

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
GT-R said:
with full-bolt'ons you could a 15.9 in the quarter if know how to drive, don't ditch the motor man, get internals, then make the engine a qg18det or a nitrous car my man, I highly recommend the boost though :cool:
ith full bolt-ons my automatic SE would...:D I would think some of you XE/GXE/1.8S , etc...people would've ditched the QG18 for an SR20VE or SR16VE and have the ultimate sleeper outside of pimpride's 04' SR20DET-powered 1.8S Base model . :D

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
PelayoSPECV said:
Ummmm........ get a specV
Last time I checked, this is _B15_sentra.net not the Vboard. Every single b15 has performance potential, I don't care if it's an XE or SE-R. Just because his car is not as fast as your all mighty SPECV doesn't mean you have to make him feel bad about his car.

Maybe you should trade in your SPECV and get a WRX. See my point? There's always something faster, why not just accept that certain people can only afford certain cars?

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
SLEEPER_V said:
Actually, he won 2. The firebird redlighted.
im pretty sure if there is a reaction time and 1/4 time he didnt redlight... if he had it would have been disqualified(someone correct me if im wrong) either way if u wanna consider it a win, its a win if he redlighted, but thats from DQ not skill... silver ya need to work on your R/T too ;) i kno it doesnt count but thats slow!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts