B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, We've established that our plugs should remain stock, but what about the wires?? Any recommendations or comments????

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I went the old el cheapo way cause I was not gonna spend $80 for a set of wires and I went and bought colored wire loom to match the colors I'm doing my cand wrapped the wires in that and it looks pretty decent...

But as far as performance there isn't really a gain ot the aftermarket plugs.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
stock wires too. se-r.net and all the people i've talked to show no gains by using anything but stock, unless in excess of 200hp.

------------------
the moderator formerly known as 2000SE
MY SITE

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
everyone says go with stock...... so i wouldnt waste my money.......

i have Nology Hotwires.... it was my first mod and I got it thinking I would have better combustion with our Platnum tippeds.....

but when I took my wires off and went back to stock.... my ride felt like it lost torque... so I have them on now..... they must help though....... (estimated 5% hp increase w/ built in Combustion Chamber to produce 300 times more spark

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
778 Posts
well i need to buy new wires anyways, a rat crawled in and bit up 2 wires. so what brand should i use? magnecores have silicone but i heard it only makes it have a higher temp stability. well basically, which brand should i go with for the most bang for the buck? part # if can, thanks.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
311 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sr20reNaISSANce:
a rat crawled in and bit up 2 wires.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!! Wow, that has to be one of the funniest problems anyone has had lately...

------------------
Samo

If my FTP worked, there'd be a cool picture of my car here, but no, I have to go with a local service...

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!
Visit -> my site <- ! Be sure to add your car to the cool rides!

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by samo:
LMAO!! Wow, that has to be one of the funniest problems anyone has had lately...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> i know...i opened up the hood for my routine check and was like what the ƒuck??? there was like the rubber coating lying around in little peices right there. man, that was hella ghetto. nuthin electric tape cant fix.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sr20reNaISSANce:
well basically, which brand should i go with for the most bang for the buck?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm thinking Magnecore or NGK. I would say Magnecore is the fan favorite, at least for my old GXE. Anyone else have suggestions?

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts