B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been a lot of talk about the shytti paint job Nissan has been doing on our beloved cars. Not too much has been mentioned about the chipping on the windshield.

I noticed a large number of small chips out of the paint on the front grill. This was while washing the car after I had been driving at 130 km/h through a very windy day that created a lot of dust clouds.

This was DUST! The stuff I saw on the car should only be caused by gravel, or rocks.

Anyways, when I drove back home the sun hit the windshield at an angle that revealed that the whole windshield was peppered with a ton of little chips. It actually is a distraction, and reduces visibility. So now I'm a bit more concerned about this because it's a matter of safety over cosmetics.

The '88 Honda I traded in for this car had the same amount of crap on the windshield and it had more than 200,000 kms on it while my Nissan has 5500. This is just sad, and very irritating.

Thanks for enjoying my rant!

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Have you used some really good window cleaner, or polish? It's been my expierence that washing the car doesn't wash the windows - I always need to go back over the windows.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already tried scrubbing the hell out of the window (both sides), that's why I'm quite sure it's chips.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Why don't you..

take it to an auto glass place and find out if they are scratches and get a written estimate for removing them. You can then go to the dealer and tell him what the problem is (don't tell him about the glass place) and when does he want to fix it (under warranty). If he gives you sh))*^&t then pull out the extimate and put that in his face (knowledge is power!!!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts