B15 Sentra Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
SOPHROSYNE
2,756 Posts
I'm hoping to load W7 on my desktop tonight. I'dled it off a torrent and then extracted it from the zip file. I'm hoping that I did it right to just drop the whole folder onto the disc and pop it in.

If you are hoping to boot of the disk you must create ISO file ! Lot of ISO files will actually show up as ZIP after download since WINDOWS doesn't make that distinction.
Also I don't know of anyone running less then legit copy of WIN7 as the veryfication has been improved.

·
Registered
678 Posts
If you are hoping to boot of the disk you must create ISO file ! Lot of ISO files will actually show up as ZIP after download since WINDOWS doesn't make that distinction.
Also I don't know of anyone running less then legit copy of WIN7 as the veryfication has been improved.
you can virtual mount the ISO load it from windows and do a fresh install that way. Just have to delete the windows.old file after installation finishes.

Oh, am I'm running a less than legit version and got all my updates just fine. :D

·
OT Slut
1,308 Posts
you can virtual mount the ISO load it from windows and do a fresh install that way. Just have to delete the windows.old file after installation finishes.

Oh, am I'm running a less than legit version and got all my updates just fine. :D
I d/led it from piratebay and the reviews I read said that everything should be fine. I'm loading this on a brand new hard drive so I'm not sure how it's going to go.

·
Just 35 more...
2,296 Posts
did u guys know that microsoft is selling windows 7 home premium (x86 or x64) to students for $29.99 and $13 extra with a CD. i might get one when my windows 7 RC version nears expiration in January...

http://www.win741.com/
Heck, I posted here several months ago where to get three Win7 pro keys, Server 2008, Server 2003, over a dozen Windows Vista and XP keys, Project, Exchange, etc etc etc all for $30. Didn't even get a single response.

In any case, I suggest you go ahead and drop the $30 to get your Win7 now while you still can. You might not have that option later.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Heck, I posted here several months ago where to get three Win7 pro keys, Server 2008, Server 2003, over a dozen Windows Vista and XP keys, Project, Exchange, etc etc etc all for $30. Didn't even get a single response.
sry i didnt even know about this thread until just earlier =X

yea the deal lasts until january 2010, i'm gonna get it soon.

·
Resident Geologist
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I think I got most of the bugs worked out so far. Had to work my way through finding drivers and updates for things to get them to work properly. Looks like there are still several things that don't really have the proper drivers ready.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts