B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in from work and my passenger side window wont roll back up.....i checked fuses(all of them i think) and i cant get this dam thing back up

got any ideas

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
possibly the motor...had the same problem with my driver's side. It would go up but slow and shaky. Mine seems to be getting better. Does it make any noises at all? Does it sound like its trying to roll up or just nothing at all?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Well I never tried this but put some pressure on it ( up with your hand) and run it up.
On the other hand if it isn't down all of the way try running it down (put pressure down with your hand at the same time)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there is no noise at all....every other window goes up and down fine...its just this one window is down and just wont come up at all

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing but it's actually the switch on the drivers door. Have you tried using the switch on the pass door? Mine works fine with the switch on the pass door but if I use the one on the drivers door I have to try pushing/ pulling on it at different angles to get it to work.

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
It's not the regulator, the window just needs oiling. You need to put some upwards pressure on it, and it'll roll up slowly. Also while putting upwards pressure on it, pull it forward towards the engine to relieve the stress.

The weather stripping that guides the window up becomes very dry and hinders the window from rolling up. You also might notice it has more of a harder time rolling up after it rains.

My drivers side has been doing this for a while now, and I just keep oilling it. Just don't ever put it all the way down, so you have some of the window sticking out to grap onto and pull upwards.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
NiceGuy said:
My drivers side has been doing this for a while now, and I just keep oilling it. Just don't ever put it all the way down, so you have some of the window sticking out to grap onto and pull upwards.

yup. thats exactly what i am been doing. sucks when you want to drive with your arm out the window though

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it doesnt seem like its trying to go up at all though....there is just nothing going on...i dont hear a thing...both switches arent working right now....im bringing it to the dealer in the AM

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Ah the beauty of manual windows......nothing can really go wrong :p

·
Registered
631 Posts
pugnex said:
Ah the beauty of manual windows......nothing can really go wrong :p

same. although its a bi*ch to reach in the back to roll down the back windows.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Jasper said:
same. although its a bi*ch to reach in the back to roll down the back windows.
Take a shower more often and you won't need to roll down your windows ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
pugnex said:
Take a shower more often and you won't need to roll down your windows ;)

naw, that smell you left in my car is still lingering.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Of course...it's more or less an XE . :p
Jealousy takes its form in many ways :)

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
At first, mine didn't make any sounds when it was trying to roll back up. It was just stuck. If you take your door trim off, it'll free it up, and it'll start rolling back up, with your help.

Where it needs help the most is when it's most of the way down. After it has gotten halfway back up, you can let it go up on its own.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
thats ghetto....LOL....

I would rather have power windows over cranks any day :D.....I hate leaning over to roll the passenger side down...and the back...screw that....

have you guys ever noticed that the srt-4 has power windows up front and cranks in the back?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fixed it...the switch on the drivers side was crapping out the power window on the passenger side....they are replacing everything under warranty

1 - 20 of 20 Posts