B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already search a little and came up with nothing. Anyone know if an 8.5" wide wheel will fit on a b15? My wheel guy says he thinks it will but doesn't want to sell it to me until I can find out for sure because once he orders them I'm stuck with them.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
I don't know. That's really wide. I think the largest that you could fit in there is about 8", but even then, that's a bit too wide. It all depemds on the offset too.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Once again, that might be a bit too wide. I think that 235 might be the highest that you can fit there & even then I think you'll get some rubbing. You might want to look into widening those fenders. Then you can slap on some really wide wheels & tires.

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One last question, I found a 225/35 that will work but I need opinions on Nitto NT555 tires. I've had Nitto NT450's before and hated them but the NT555 is the only tire I can find in the size I'm gonna need.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Those should be good. Those are more towards the drag racing crowd. Their sidewall might not be that stiff.

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
I agree with SR20DE_MAN, a 8.5" width rim is definitely pushing it. Depending on rim offset and tire width, the inside of the tire may rub the strut housing if you're offset is too HIGH (e.g. 48mm), also, the outside of the tire may rub the fender if the offset is too LOW (e.g. 35mm).

7.5" rim width and 225mm wide tires are proven on the b15...unless you are dropped that will just make matters worse. Case in point: with a 205/55R16 tire on a 16x7 rim on a car dropped with Eibach Prokits (1.2", 1.0") the rear tires will almost definitely rub the rear fenders. So how tall the tire is (outside diameter) is just as important as how wide it is when trying to clear the fenders.

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it looks like i'm gonna go with the NT555 225/35/20 (if I can get the wheels in the right offset) and when all said and done I'm gonna have about a 8"-9" drop.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
^ Ah! You see, he's into the lowrider / show type scene.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts