B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to swap guage clusters in my car and the mileage is obviously different on both.

my question is does our computer store the mileage somewhere or is it just in the cluster area?

i assume if its just in the cluster then it will not be a problem since im removing the whole unit and replacing it.

if not will changing the odometer to an equal amount of miles get rid of the possible SES light?

Thanks

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
I know it will trigger SES light if you turn on the car while having the cluster unplugged because there is no more cluster to record your mileage (great trick to save mileage with you don't care driving without cluster and reset the light after :p)

I guess you can just swap them without turning on the car and it will be fine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what im trying to avoid is when im selling the car for people to think i rolled the miles back.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you knew me you would understand.

i change everything if its possible to mod it i will try

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
I believe the mileage is stored in the cluster....you can probably program it with a consult II, so if you found a nice dealership they may do this for you.

·
I'm with your mom
1,540 Posts
the milage is stored in the cluster, u can swap them out no problem and u wont get a light, hope ur not trying to swap a 04 for 03 cluster cuz that wont work

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
03Sentra03 said:
if you knew me you would understand.

i change everything if its possible to mod it i will try
well, unless you swap to another similar cluster, everything's gonna be fubar...i.e. if you switch from a 1.8 cluster to a spec cluster, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts