B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to one of the local body shop guys and he said that in his experience with Hondas, they get very sensitive to offset once the vehicle has been lowered.

I'm going to lower my ride (2000 GXE) later this week and fit in the wheels...I'm scared they won't fit because I got them on mail order...

The guy said it might fit, but I might have to go for a 195/50/15 instead of the 205/55/15 that I originally wanted...

Please, please tell me that all I have to do is to get different tires...or even better, that 205/55/15 will fit...

Thanks in advance...

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
I have +38 offset on mine, but i don't have it lowered. What kind of springs are your running? How much did it cost you? And finally, whats the drop?.... I don't see a problem with +37... You can ask SentraStylin, he's like a Sentra God, and he know's his Sheeit!

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'm sure they will fit there's not that much of a difference there.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Well come to think of I think Russ has the 16's but I know he went with a 205 rather than the original 195.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
816 Posts
wetnose-
hold on just a second. Your tire guy has NO CLUE what he's talking about. he wants to put 195/50's on 15 inch rims for a B15 sentra? Is he on crack? Does he want your car to look like one of those lowriders with really small wheels on it? 195/50 will be way to small for 15" rims. The overall diameter will be too small, your speedo will be off, and your final drive ratio will get all F**ked up too. If you want to stick with a stock diameter, go with either 195/60/15 or 205/55/15 (but it's hard to find tires in 205/55/15 cuz it's not a popular size). You can even try 205/60/15 if you want the extra width but you should probably stick with a 195 width on a 15" rim.

As to the +37 offset. Assuming that the rims that you're getting are gonna be 15x7, your new rims will stick out about 21mm more than your current setup. (stockers are 15x5.5 with 40 offset) Measure it and see if it will hit your fender. If the new rims are 15x6, then it will only make about a 9mm difference.

Go to www.miata.net and go to the tire size calculator to get the proper diameter for your wheel/tire setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the Eibach Pro-kits, via a group buy from carparts.com. Total of $198.14 shipped...(I used a coupon)

The drop is about 1.4" thereabouts...but I haven't taken out a ruler to measure the front and rear. Ride is a bit harsher but I can feel the wheels being planted firmly on the road now...

Now the rims and tires this weekend!!! Thanks for the advice, everyone...the 205/55/15s are a bit more expensive, but the SP5000s come with this feature that protects the rims...probably some extra bulge.

[This message has been edited by wetnose (edited April 03, 2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts