B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on buying a set of 19's for my car but im not positive it they will fit...does anyone know if they will if so let me know thanks

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
yes they will fit, but I don't recommend going larger :p

·
Dine Racer
276 Posts
With 18's and some 40 series tires and a sportline drop, The ride is not very good if its and everyday driver but if its for the weekends, like me, then go for it but the ride will be bad with 19's.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes they will fit with the correct offset & width. Your tires will look like rubberbands on them. You better avoid any type of crack, bump, pothole, road imperfection, or anything similar at all costs. :eek:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Won't the 19" slow down the car alittle bit? I'd go 18", but that's just me :)

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
19's with a 215/35/19 tire will fit fine and the ride isn't as bad as everyone is making it sound. I've had 19's and they ride no different than the 18's I have now with 215/35/18's. Also, they aren't gonna slow the car down any more than an 18 will.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
19" = bad idea, but they'll fit if you find the right width & offset like Squirrel Mafia said.

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
19" tires will cost a ton of $$$$
Get 17" and let your wallet relax a little.......

·
Registered
233 Posts
The wheel itself costs more...not the installation. Bigger wheel means more material, more material means higher cost. And for some reason I don't think the cost increase between wheel sizes is proportionate. :p

·
Registered
214 Posts
theres a guy on the vboard with 19's on his spec...check it out...his names' specon19's.
they fit, but just as mentioned above, wont be a good daily driver, unless you live in some nice @$$ place where theres no potholes, and the pavement is smooth like a babys but.

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
Shaved01SE said:
I can get 19" tires (215/35) mounted and balanced for $90 ea

Let me rephrase that, any GOOD 19" tire will cost you $$$. Anyone can buy the sh*ttiest tires cheap, but who really wants to drive on them. No traction, bad ride. Plus a 35 series tire is pointless. They have no performance appeal and they look like *****.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am the Specvon19s that someone was talking about. 19's fit fine on a Spec. As far as ride quality, When I had 18's it didn't feel any different than the 19's do now. Its how you tune your suspension that will make the ride quality better or worse (tires do have some affect on this though). I have the ground controls on mine and it rides great!

You can't go wider than an 8in wide wheel though or it will rub a little. Mine are 19x8 and fit fine...just get the correct offset.

here are some pics.
http://gallery.thevboard.com/index.php?album=SpecVon19s&dispsize=512&start=0

Oh yea it is daily driven to whoever said its not a good idea on 19's. :D

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
^ What offset are you running with those 8" wheels? Do you ever rub at full lock?

An SE with some 225/50-16 tires & 16" X 7" with a 40 mm offset wheels rub a little at full lock.

Let me know.

·
Lower than u will ever be
622 Posts
SR20DE_MAN said:
^ What offset are you running with those 8" wheels? Do you ever rub at full lock?

An SE with some 225/50-16 tires & 16" X 7" with a 40 mm offset wheels rub a little at full lock.

Let me know.

That's strange cause I'm running an 18"x7.5", 40 mm offset with 215/35/18 (about the same outter diameter as the 205/40/16's I have on my stocks) and at least as much of a drop as the lowest person (besides me) on here and mine never rub.

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
^ It could be the 50 series sidewall that makes the tire bulge out a bit more. Then again, it's also a 225 width.

225/50-16 has a 9.1 section width with a 7.7 tread width.

215/35-18 has an 8.5 section width with a 7.4 tread width.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts