B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:

so i'm taking my car on is first voyage. some of you may know i picked up my new 2004 Sapphire Blue SpecV this past Saturday, the 31st. i was on my way down here to VA to visit some friends of mine. i'm cruising along on I-95 South through Delware and BAM!!J(#$ i hit a torn up blown tire in the middle left lane of the road dead center of my car. the **** was rolling along and hit like 4 other cars behind me. they didn't pull over with me but i also don't know if they realized they had damage. pics below. keep in mind, the whole bumper was pushed in about 18" or so before i popped it out. i forgot i took my camera with me, i took these after i remember my cam in the car.

its not BAD, but keep in mind i can't put in another claim. after my last accident i can't imagine what they'd think of me let alone charge me. the Delware state said that they don't cover that crap. thats great, a huge *** tire can rip though my car and I have to pay for it....wonderful. :(

·
Canyon junkie! ( ^o^) <3
4,332 Posts
Damn dude!! That really sucks @ss.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
dude, that's nothing.

you remember what happened to me back in december? 4ft chunk of rubber....windshield destroyed, bumper scratched, cracked, paint peeling, and hood destroyed.

consider yourself lucky! I'll provide pics if you want, lol.

anyways...you have crappy luck, get used to it!

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i didn't have bad luck, i'd have none at all.

chimmike: was your mishap 6 days after you picked up your car? :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
in texas they call them road alligator very dangerous to every driver is a good thing that u are ok! u can get that bumper brand new for under $150.00 get it painted and install it ur self. i feel ur pain!

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
God is trying to tell you to buy a 240SX and " Drift For Jesus " ....:D J/K

Wow man , sorry to hear and see yet another accident involving you & another B15...glad you're ok . :)

·
STU STi Build Complete
3,212 Posts
Ed man, what's up with your luck? Please promise that you'll stay as far away from me as possible! :) Nah, that frickin sucks so bad. But look at it this way, it gives you a good reason to finish cutting out those grilles and put something nice in there in the mean time. Just an idea. I bet your insurance company is really going to love you now. Two claims (if you go through insurance that is) in 1 month's time, including a totalled one. Make sure you go ahead and lube up now. Good luck!

·
PEGLEG POWAH!!
228 Posts
I hit an road alligator a couple weeks ago. I got lucky, the tire was on the right side of the lane and I swerved just enough that it only rubbed the lower portion of my front bumper. So I just have black marks. No cracks thank the lord.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I only have 1300 miles on mine, and I already picked up a big *** bolt in one of my tires :(, and I was in a rush so I went to get a car wash at scrub-a-dub, and the rail system that pulls you along scratched the **** out of my back rim. :eek:

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
reticle said:
If it makes you feel any better, I only have 1300 miles on mine, and I already picked up a big *** bolt in one of my tires :(, and I was in a rush so I went to get a car wash at scrub-a-dub, and the rail system that pulls you along scratched the **** out of my back rim. :eek:
that makes me feel better. :D but seriuosly, i found out the hard way about those automatic car washers the same as you. if you're not lined up perfectly they will tear a new one out of your wheels. i really really wish the 'tuner' market would pick up on the SUV type of rubber bead around the inner edge of the tire to protect the wheel.

·
Registered
831 Posts
BodeB15 said:
God is trying to tell you to buy a 240SX and " Drift For Jesus " ....:D J/K

Wow man , sorry to hear and see yet another accident involving you & another B15...glad you're ok . :)
ROFL... thats great. F'n sig worthy!

Yea sorry bout your luck. Get an aftermarket front bumper in a month or two or whenever they come out.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Damn that has to suck man....you looking at that conversion without the bucktooth?

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SilverSleeper86 said:
Damn that has to suck man....you looking at that conversion without the bucktooth?
thread link? i was thinking to get the stock bumper and nismo lip for it. figure that they'd cost around $500-$600 anyways, which is what my deductible would be. i'd have to see about this 'no bucktooth' conversion Silver mentioned. i didn't notice any threads recently on it.

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Ed, you didn't happen to tick off any witch doctors lately, have you? That sucks man, sorry to hear. It's fixable though, so its all good in the end. If you don't want to drop any cash on it now, it looks like you might be able to cut out those two inner strips and leave it more open. The damage to the bottom lip isn't as noticable as the two mangled inner pieces...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts