B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought the point of owning a business was to produce a product or offer a service in order to make a profit. However, aftermarket companies don't seem to prescribe to this basic fundamental of business.

Hotshot called me today to tell me that it would be two more weeks before they could send me a 3rd intake. That would mean 11 WEEKS from my original date of order! I told Robert to cancel my order, and called up Place Racing. Now Place Racing is telling me that it would be a minimum of 2 weeks before they could get something to me, but the person I spoke to was too busy to actually ask for a definate date.

So now I have no intake on my car, no intake on order, and am staring down the possibility that it could be MAY before I have an intake on my car!

I almost wish I did buy a Honda now. At least if I had a Civic, I could buy parts for the damn thing! Screw these companies.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Don't worry Maxx. I feel ya. At least you're not like me waiting for a spoilerette, stock grille, and mudflaps that I HAD in my posession but gave it up like a dumbass to some "hookup" that hasn't delivered yet. It's almost going to be 3 weeks now! :mad:

But yup, I'm feelin the Honda blues these days. Almost wish I got that Si I was planning on getting last year. But oh well. I like my SE... but I just don't like the lack of aftermarket support.

Oh well. I guess the ghetto airbox mod will suffice for now, eh? :D

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ bits and pieces of it missing...

·
Registered
623 Posts
dood, chilll out!!!
when i was in ny, with my crx i had to ship it over here to have the dfi tuned, took them 8 months to do that.
my friend with his accord, took him over year and half to get his motor build. the builder was 1 of the top honda engine tuners out here.

so wut i learned was that aftermarket dont give a **** if they will loose u, which is only 1 or very few of their customers. no matter wut happens, they will still have business. and at the rate that import racing is growing, they will only grow!

btw, i'm going through the samething as u r going through now with my weapon r springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, if enough of us start buying parts from vendor's that care about their customers, the companies like Hotshot will cease to exist. I just can't believe I can't find someone that is willing to sell me something!

------------------
MODS:
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
623 Posts
dood, theres not enough companies out there for us to goto. so i guess they wont be going away anytime soon

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Heh. If I still had my old Civic, I could go to any one of 8 million tuner shops in my area and pick from like half a dozen different CAIs after work if I felt like it. Waiting for basic bolt on parts sucks! Not only are parts rare, but their expensive as ****!

Guess what? By the time we're all done doing bolt ons on our car, we're all going to have the following:

-Hotshot headers
-Hotshot (or PR) CAIs
-Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulleys
-JWT cams
-JWT ecu (in like 3 years)

Only differences will be exhausts, brake stuff, shifters, and suspension. Everything else will be custom. Gotta love the variety, huh? Oh yea... don't get me started on ugly bodykits... :D

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ bits and pieces of it missing...

·
Registered
15 Posts
To: Maxx

I don't know why it's taking you so long to get a CAI from PR. I ordered mine on tuesday and had it by friday afternoon and installed by friday night.

------------------
PR CAI, Eibach Sportline Springs, Stillen Exhaust, 17x7 Enkei CDR9 w/215 40zr17 Yokohama Paradas
Future Mods: UR Ultra SS, Stillen Headers, Greddy catback(if they ever decide to make one)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Wow Max, I'm incredibly sorry for all the messed up things Hotshot has done to you with your CAI. Place Racing, on the other hand has been nothing short of awesome with customer service with me, and with their products. They sent mine on the 29th, and I got mine yesterday. That's not that bad, and with the quality of the intake, I would say that patience has payed off in this instance.

Heh..they even gave me the rubber gasket to go around the hole so it doesn't scratch their CAI up. :)

Again, that sucks with HS man. I called them awile ago about the CAI and Header thing, Robert to be exact, and I got good promises, but as you can see, the header isn't even out yet, and the CAI was nothing but problems for us. I think we need to build our own performance shop from the ground up and bust a can of whup ***! :p What does everyone think of that?

Oh yeah...we need money. Woops! :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Marvin- I think you touched on a great point. Disatisfaction with the way things are is the basis for change. If your not happy with the companies you have to deal with, start your own! See, we know everything that is wrong with aftermarket companies. Unfortunately, we aren't engineer's, and we don't have the capital to start a business. :D Small details, but it is a good idea!

------------------
MODS:
- Place Racing CAI (eventually)
- Stillen Front Spoiler

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah... Three weeks, and I'm still waiting for my PR CAI, but at least they called to
explain why it would be late. I ordered silver, and it's backordered.

I just keep thinking of the old "delivery
in 6 to 8 weeks" saying. :)

Hey Original Mr Sentra! Are they including
that gasket with the new units they ship, or
are you just that special? :D

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI (in da mail), Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (in da back), gas cap holder (on da side)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UtahJ:
Hey Original Mr Sentra! Are they including
that gasket with the new units they ship, or
are you just that special? :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, you should recieve yours too with your kit. I apologize for you not recieving your intake yet man. Would you like me to call them and ask what's up just to make sure?

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I also recieved the gasket as well so you should be getting one with your kit as well....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

1 - 12 of 12 Posts