B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Expert NOOB
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering why a lot of people debadge their cars? i just don't see the point in it. Is it because you want the car to be clean and smooth all around, or becuase you don't want people to know what you drive and you'd rather make them guess? Just wondering.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
I did it because I like my car when its clean and smooth. I left my SE-R badge on the trunk and debaged everything else, but now I'm thinking of taking it off. The car just looks so much cleaner w/o badging esp when you wax it.

·
Expert NOOB
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well the next question is what is it held on with and how do you get it off. I don't really plan on debagding but i would like to know if i ever change my mind.

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
Both...clean smooth, guessing game...its fun, charge arabian people to take a guess, they never know lol...well at least the ones that own sentra's and parking garages in Baltimore...cuz the dude couldnt tell that my car was the same as his, just white and debadged lol

·
Expert NOOB
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol too funny. The thought had crossed my mind to swap the SE with another SE from maybe a maxima but i don't know if i'm going to do that.

·
Random White Guy
1,245 Posts
its a glue type sh.it that holds them on...all u need is to heat them up with a blow dryer and spray some windex on them, then take some floss and gently work down the back of the badges

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
you don't need to heat it if it's at least a moderately warm day. Park your car in the sun and go at it with your fingers and some floss.

this process has been explained about 458 times believe it or not.

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
yea they sell stuff like that at autozone and if your car is black dont worry about the blow dryer all u need is a nice hot sunny day :) btw that floss idea sounds like a winner wish i had thought of that

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
DJLegacy2k1 said:
its a glue type sh.it that holds them on...all you need is to heat them up with a blow dryer and spray some windex on them, then take some floss and gently work down the back of the badges
ahhh no not windex. Windex strips the clear coat right off of your car. The amonia in it is bad. Get some stuff like goo gone. Its sold at homedepot. Its good to remove the sticky stuff from the badges and its good to keep around the house. I used it to take gum someone left in my rug.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
baby GT-R said:
ahhh no not windex. Windex strips the clear coat right off of your car. The amonia in it is bad.
i agree that windex is a little harsh, but it's not going to strip off your clear coat. Strip you wax mabie but it's not going to eat your paint.

Windex or Alcohol is just fine if you clean up afterwards and WAX THE PAINT UNDER THE BADGE.

·
OG member
585 Posts
I like having my car not say nissan anywhere on the outside of the car and then people have to ask or guest what kind of car it is. Our cars look good debadge. When I tell people its a Sentra, they get all suprise and say "it does'nt look like a senta". When cops give me tickets, they put maxima on the paper.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I took the Nissan and the Sentra off to simply keep people guessing. It's fun watching people stare and still not be able to know what kind of car they're looking at. It does make the car look alot cleaner as well.

·
Registered
427 Posts
at school i got 4 parking tickets , 1 said honda accord, the other 3 said honda civic. I didnt pay any of them lol and the car does look a lot cleaner when it is debadged.

·
Registered
773 Posts
even with the badges on people dont know what car i drive...
they ask, hey what you got there.
me: a spec-v....
them: ohh?
me: its a SE-R
them:??
me: ugh its a sentra!
and they still dont know what the hell i am talking about!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts