B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to get someone picked out to begin Prototyping for the new F-Max B15 Sentra Turbo. We have to get someone on their schedule now, so that it doesn't get pushed out even further.

The person that goes to F-Max will have to be someone that can buy the turbo system that is being prototyped! You will get a sizeable discount on the system, not to mention FREE installation. Scott wasn't able to put an exact figure on the discount, but it sounded like it would be a killer deal for whoever let them use their car.

There are a couple qualifications the person would have to meet.

1. The Individual needs to be RELIABLE! We can't have someone back out on us at the last minute.

2. The Individual needs to live in California and drive a 2000-2001 SE (Sr20De) with a 5-speed. F-Max is located about 45 mins. North of San Diego. The person would need to be able to travel to their shop fairly easily.

3. The individual would need the cash to buy the system that is being installed. Figure on $3000-ish dollars to be safe.

Scott gave me a time frame of about 3 months from now on a prototype date. However, based on how many people want this thing, they might move it up a bit.

I know a lot of people are talking "turbo this and turbo that" right now. It's time that we DO something about getting a turbo system built for our cars. This kit will be BOLT-ON, and not require any fabrication to work. The ECU will need slight modification, but nothing extrodinary. Sure, you could get a DET cheaper, but you sure as hell can't say it's any easier than installing the F-Max kit.

So, Who is it gonna be?

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
maxximtl said:
There are a couple qualifications the person would have to meet.

2. The Individual needs to live in California and drive a 2000-2001 SE (Sr20De) with a 5-speed. F-Max is located about 45 mins. North of San Diego. The person would need to be able to travel to their shop fairly easily.
Does this have to be a requirement. I have the money now and well I have 4 weeks of vacation to kill. What better way to kill it then a road trip. :)

Any idea of how long they will need the car for too?

I'm really serious about this. I have a ton a vacation to kill and the means to pay for the costs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think they would need the car THAT long. The majority of the kit (manifold, turbo, downpipe) will all fit from the B14 kit. They just need to get the intercooler piping and mounts figured out. I doubt that could take more than a week tops. Remember though, it will be the better part of three months prior to F-Max being ready.

If you think you could make the arrangements, I'd say go for it. You wouldn't have a car while in Cali, so you'd have to figure out an alternative means of transportation. But, you'd be driving home with one bad *** turbo'd Sentra! That makes for a pretty good vacation, huh? :) BTW, where do you live at?

What you would need to do is call Scott at F-Max directly. He might be able to give you a ballpark of how long they will need the car. The most important thing right now is getting on their schedule.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
David, Max..all this turbo talk is pretty damn exciting. I can't wait to see the finished product. :)

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
The piping is easy. The hard part is drilling the block and then figuring the ecu all out.

Now there are other parts people aren't thinking about. The motor mounts really need to be figured out. They aren't stiff enough to handle the turbo. Also the clutch needs to be dealt with.

So in less anyone raises their hand that is in California I will definate volunteer myself. Btw I am out in Mass but I really do have 4 weeks of vacation to kill.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If we push Place Racing, I bet we can get them to make some Motor mounts for us. They have several months to do it afterall. hahaha. The clutch already exists, but yes, it will need to be installed at the time of the conversion.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
The only dealings I have had with place racing motor mounts I wouldn't want. I know a guy with the set of the solid ones on his 200sx and the whole front vibtrates terribly. I would probably pour my own. The clutch would really need to be done before the I got out there, because I really doubt they would swap the clutch. These are all things I can do though. I doubt pouring my own mounts would be that bad.

I should dig up my topic of getting someone else to Energy to R&D some mounts.

·
Registered
623 Posts
david, if u dont mind. i can make it for the fmax turbo job, im in la too. hehe...

i've talked to place racing about the mounts a couple weeks back and they said theyll get back to me within this month to have my car in for the mounts.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
maxximtl said:
If we push Place Racing, I bet we can get them to make some Motor mounts for us. They have several months to do it afterall. hahaha. The clutch already exists, but yes, it will need to be installed at the time of the conversion.
Well according to Place Racing they have Motor mounts for our car already,,,I recieved it from them a while back(the info)....this is what they listed...

SE-R MOUNT SETS NOW IN STOCK!!!!
Low Vibration Polyurethane mount kits, include the right, left, and rear mounts, already pressed into the factory housings (core return required) for only $189 set!!!

SE, XE and other 1.6L Applications:
CAI09AG 91-92 Sentra 1.6L (Non SE-R) $196 $202
CAI10AG 93-94 Nissan 1.6L (Non SE-R) $196 $202
CAI11AG 95-96 Nissan 1.6L (Non SE-R) $196 $202
CAI12AG 97-99 Nissan 1.6L (Non SE-R) $196 $202
CAI04AG 98-99 Nissan SE (with 2.0l SE-R engine) $196 $202
CAI05AG 00-01 Nissan SE (with 2.0l SE-R engine) $196 $202

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Sentra Styling said:

SE-R MOUNT SETS NOW IN STOCK!!!!
Low Vibration Polyurethane mount kits, include the right, left, and rear mounts, already pressed into the factory housings (core return required) for only $189 set!!!

SE, XE and other 1.6L Applications:
CAI09AG 91-92 Sentra 1.6L (Non SE-R) $196 $202
CAI10AG 93-94 Nissan 1.6L (Non SE-R) $196 $202
CAI11AG 95-96 Nissan 1.6L (Non SE-R) $196 $202
CAI12AG 97-99 Nissan 1.6L (Non SE-R) $196 $202
CAI04AG 98-99 Nissan SE (with 2.0l SE-R engine) $196 $202
CAI05AG 00-01 Nissan SE (with 2.0l SE-R engine) $196 $202
Those part numbers are for the CAI not mounts. They in fact don't make any mounts for our cars. But they said if we can send in some stock mounts they will make some. Have to call someone up off a of copartfinder and see what they would cost.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
chinoworld said:
david, if u dont mind. i can make it for the fmax turbo job, im in la too. hehe...
Oh come on, what am I going to do with all my vacation then? Maybe we could both get our cars done? ;)

I'm really serious though. I was planning a road trip out to California anyway and this is a even better reason to go out there.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
chinoworld said:

i've talked to place racing about the mounts a couple weeks back and they said theyll get back to me within this month to have my car in for the mounts.

I think David should be the test mule. Hes got more experience and knowledge thats needed to maintain it himself. He has the cash in hand and a turbo should not be wasted on a show car(IMO). I think youve got a dope ride Chino but it'll prolly never see the staging lanes.

·
Registered
623 Posts
lol josh... i used to have the ugliest car around town, but a pretty quick one, hehe...

david can have the turbo if he wants. i might just do the det since i know motorex, hehe... david, just remember u got 3000miles to home after u get the turbo. hehe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, sounds like David should be the test car. Everyone agreed on this? He chimed in first, and has the cash and what not. Plus, he has a good knowledge base on the turbo stuff to begin with. Cool?

P.M. me David so we can get things scheduled.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
****, i dont know. Id like to do it myself too but honestly i dont know enough to maintain it and i really want a second car. I think it go to someone whos gonna run it and respresent for our nearly invisible community.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Well I talked to Scott. He really couldn't give me a time frame of how long it would take to R&D. He said could be a week could be a few months. I'm not sure anyone could be without their car for that long. He is a busy guy so I said goodbye so that I could explore some other routes.

My gut feeling is that it should only take a week. The intercooler piping and down pipe are the only things that should need to be redone. If JWT could help us with the wiring for the ecu ahead of time I don't see how it could take longer than a week.

I've sent a email off to Mike K to see what he thinks about how long it would take to R&D and barring that it may take some time, I asked him the other possibilities we might have, if he could get a car to be out of commision that long and so forth.

Hopefully I wll hear back from him soon and this pipe dream won't be lost. Hope to have good news for you guys in the next few days. :)

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
:(

Well I got a reply from Mike. They also need to make the jigs for the piping and that is why they said it takes so long. It really coud be anywhere from 1-6 weeks. I'm trying to see if Mike has any cars that might be able to used, but I'm not sure if that will pan out.

So the only way this is going to happen is if someone can drop their car off for anywhere from 1 week to 2 months.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How hard is this? Would it be possible to have an outside party create the piping for us, and then we could buy the B14 kit without the pipe? I mean, in reality it seems like there are only a handful of us even interested in doing the turbo. It's not like we'll need to have dozens of these pipes made. If F-Max is going to take that long, why not try an outside source?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts