B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asked to take a poll by a manufacturer...sooooo.....who wants a top-quality, great-value B15 carbon fiber hood to be manufactured? Email me privately and post here, thank you...

Prices ranging from 550-700 depending on grade you want(flat out weight-saver or deluxe show car), colors, etc...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dont plan to buy one, but I do have a question. Are they real carbon fiber? The whole thing?

I only ask this because I've seen some car at shows that have "carbon fiber" hoods, then when they pop the hood you can tell its fake. Those kind look cheap. So is it the real deal?

·
Registered
623 Posts
i already have another local shop made me a mold for a cb hood. i will pick up my cb hood tomorrow. the hoods will be in production in a week or 2. the price is from 450-550, not sure yet.

dan, yes its a full cb hood, all fiber glass.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah i was gonna ask about that too. i went to this one import shop around here and saw a carbonfiber hood. the top was laid out with carbonfiber but the inside part of it is fiberglas. whats the deal with that? are they all like that?

arent they supposed to be made of carbonfiber and not fiberglass?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have questions for both Dan Turk and Chinoworld.

What do the hoods weigh? Will they mount to the stock hinges and hood latch, or are we using hood pins? Also, if we're using the stock hinges, do we use the stock hinge springs? Will they have the stock profile or will scoops/ducts be molded in?

Yes, I'm interested.

·
Registered
623 Posts
sorry about the confusion... yes its gonna be all carbon fiber, not fiber glass.

it's just an oem style hood but is made of carbon fiber, so it will use stock hinges and latch. u dont need any hood pins unless u want to. no there will not be any scoops or vents like that at the moment. but they will have it in 2 months r so b4 the se-r comes out. it weights anywhere from 5-8lbs.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Who's they? Do "they" have a web site?

·
Registered
72 Posts
i know it sounds stupid, but what about the windshield washer squirters. ill be using the car in the winter so it will be helpfull to have the squirters.

·
Registered
623 Posts
the squirters will be gone, unless u drill ur own holes and stick them in.

i just picked up my proto hood, looks pretty clean.

·
Registered
100 Posts
OK, here's a couple more questions. What's the stock hood weigh vs. the carbon fiber one? Also, if the windshield wiper fluid holes need to be drilled, anything else that needs modification to be close to full stock function? What colors are available, I have a white sentra and would like to either match or contrast the color scheme. I don't want to look too ghetto or ricey or anything cheezy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just to let everyone who is thinking of getting one to know that you MUST use hoodpins on any fiberglass/carbon fiber hood. There is too much of a chance that it will fly up when your driving without them. They are easy to install though so its not a big deal, and they look cool.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
no, they all dont need hood pins..... DG's carbon fiber hoods are a complete bolt on using the stock latch..... run a search on Carbon Fiber Hoods...... there are already a couple of companies with hoods for b15's already

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
call DG Motorsports

760-433-7413

i just got my hood today..... looks great!
they can pull you one in two days..... they have to pull two more for those who went in on the group buy.... then they can pull one for anyone who wants one

·
Registered
28 Posts
carbon hood

I want a carbon hood and I just can niot seem to get a straight answer about where I can get one? Who is the comp. with one and what is the websight? Fiber images will not have one for at least a month I just talked to them. So someone please tell me where to look. Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts