B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock 100 watt system in my GXE and just added my 12 with a 200 watt drive amp and turned down the bass on the speakers and it sounds really, really good. I don't think I'm gonna change out the deck or speakers......anyone agree or think the systems are cheap? I have to say, my system may not win contests or anything, but it bumps, and you can't hear it outside, so no cops come-a-ticketing =)

·
Registered
161 Posts
i thought the speakers sound fine except for maybe the rear but since i have a lot of money to blow these days, i went ahead and bought 4 polk speakers, tweeters, and a Blaupunkt amp. I kept the factory headunit and used line output converters. I just tapped into the front speaker wiring for the tweeters (does anyone know if this is the correct way to do it?).

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like the stock front speakers, i have the ungraded system but i put a amp to them they are getting about 150 watts a piece cut the cross over off at 160Hz, and the front has really good responce. now the rear i will replace they tend to break up. i also have a 12" image dynamics in the trunk and that adds all the bass i need. i also swapped out the stock head unit for an alpine CDA-7875. it all came together really nice. and sounds good, but i will see after i compete for the first time with this car and see how it does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts