B15 Sentra Forum banner

Who likes getting flashed!?

2K views 42 replies 35 participants last post by  SilverSleeper86 
#1 ·
lord knows i do...
but in seriousness i've been noticing lately that alot of people have been flashing (their highbeams) at me when i drive with my regular lights and stock fogs on at night, anyone else ever get this alot? or is this just a conspiracy of people in connecticut out to get me :eek:

#2 ·
if you're running lowering springs, that's why...your rear is prolly lower than the front, aiming the headlights higher and into people's eye making them think its ur brights. happened to me all the time.

or if you have a lot of weight in the back, lol

#5 ·
well im not lowered at all but i do have a heavy *** sub and box in my trunk and now that u mention it i noticed people flashin me around the time i put the box in the trunk so its probably the problem :p thanks guys i guess ill just have to deal with the dirty looks

#6 ·
Would you consider lowering the head lights a bit?
I'm thinking of doin that to mine, since I get flashed at from time to time (and this is with no heavy sub, and haven't even touched the head light positioning yet, I think mine was adjusted wrong from the factory :rolleyes: )

#7 ·
Flash

I have the NISMO suspension kit with SE Fogs-sure enough, sometimes get flashed!

#11 ·
In downtown New Orleans you get flashed often even when you are on foot :D

#14 ·
I went on vacation recently to a small island and i took my spec. No lie every nite atleast 3-4 people flashed me. I have stock bulbs and no suspension work either

#15 ·
SPECSen said:
maybe they're doing that old trick to let you know there is a cop around the bend...people used to do that :D hehe

I actually thinkg that too, sometimes. I really wish more people would do that here. It's very popular in Europe, and considered a natural part of being a courteous driver. I do it every time I see a cop while driving on a two-way road, but a lot of people jsut give me blank stares and seem confused :)

#17 ·
this thread is a rip off.

J/K.. I used to get flashed a lot. Once this guy in a lifted chevy truck saw me turn and then hit the highbeams until we passed... A few times I returned the favor and a lot of people who did that on my regular route to work stopped doing it. (I work night shift.)

#21 ·
Don0017 said:
Would you consider lowering the head lights a bit?
I'm thinking of doin that to mine, since I get flashed at from time to time (and this is with no heavy sub, and haven't even touched the head light positioning yet, I think mine was adjusted wrong from the factory :rolleyes: )

mine were adjusted wrong from the factory, at ~ 20feet, the right beam is almost 4 inches higher than the left. ~5 minutes of playing the adjustment fixed it. just make sure you aim whatever light is higher, and aim it down more.

yeah, like mike said, depends on your headlamps
im running Silverstars (bright *** mofo's) because HIDs are illegal, and the cops around here are VERY strict when it comes to aftermarket HIDs (they make you flash your high beams sometimes when they pull you over, to verify you actually have them (whereas most HID kits are only low beams)
hrmm, if only there was a super-white (NOT blueish/purpleish) system that had a high and low beam, so at least i could pass inspection D:

#23 ·
for some reason, the low beams in the sentras are about as powerful as most cars high beams. it is a good thing, because there are a lot of places around where i live that don't have any street lights and a bit of traffic (which makes the highs pointless). they'll just have to deal with it, i usually do the quick flash right back.

also, i know it has happened several times here in my city, but drivers have been warned about flashing lights to someone without there lights on. whether they don't have their lights on or there is a cop ahead. anyways, it was a gang initiation and you flashing your lights gave them the go ahead to come get and kill your arse :eek::mad:

also, believe it or not, i think it is illegal for you to flash your lights to other drivers to signal that a cop is ahead :rolleyes:. we might infringe on their quota :rolleyes:

#24 ·
Jaydog3199 said:
lord knows i do...
but in seriousness i've been noticing lately that alot of people have been flashing (their highbeams) at me when i drive with my regular lights and stock fogs on at night, anyone else ever get this alot? or is this just a conspiracy of people in connecticut out to get me :eek:

its a ct thing..

they do it to me all the time..

#26 ·
It could be the fogs. Some cars have the most annoyingly bright fog lights. I've never had a Sentra coming at me with stock fogs on, so I'm not sure how ours stack up. I don't think our fogs are even all that useful during normal driving. They light up the road 5 ft. in front of you, but that's about it. They are helpful when driving on bad roads though. I've avoided a few potholes thanks to them.

Why not try driving without your fogs and see if you still get flashed?

-bryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.