3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauges to mount;
boost
oil pressure
egt
oil temp
water temp

Right now I have boost, oil pres. and egt pyrometer mounted in the dash and water and oil temp in the glove box. I only want 3 ga's in the dash and 2 remaining in the glove box. I am mostly checking my water temp (which has hit 220) and was thinking that if I were overheating that this ga would tell me first regardless of exhaust temp.
Should I move the water temp to the egt location or leave egt there. My car will be back in the shop next week to get measured for a new rad and fan to eliviate the high temps but I think that the coolant temp would still be first warning of running hot and egt more for warm up and cool down?
One of my fans is actually cooked on one side and there's no need to go slim really so I'm ditching the tials. I think we're going to use a big push style fan with the new rad. Lotsa room on the front side for it.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I'm saying. Oil temp takes much longer to rise and egt is more for checking for lean conditions when tuning and cool down (when glove box can sit open). But water temp and oil press. are the earliest detection of something wrong. I just want to be sure.
My egt is only at 10 (mounted in dp) when my water temp is as high as 210, even 220 and I could do nothing but drive easy till it came down. It will be less important when the cooling issue is solved and I can warm down again properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts