B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

This isn't really technical. I'm just curious how you guys got the wire into the inside of the car when doing wiring for like alarms or other electronics. Is it always through that rubber "thing" towards the left side (when you're facing it) of car? Do you have to remove that rubber cap? Or is there an easier way to get a wire in there?

Thanks!

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
hmm..when i installed my amp i got the wire thru but just slipping out the rubber thingy(hard to really describe) its on the firewall on the engine side at the bottom(passenger side). you will see other wires coming from it. just take a screw driver and pop a hole in it and stick in the wire in there and push it thru. it will end up inside right under the glove box.

EDIT: that IS the easy way, unless you wanna drill a hole in your firewall and possibly cut a few wires with the drill lol

·
Registered
631 Posts
i drilled a hole just above and to the left (looking at it from the front of the car) of the master brake cylinder. no wires right behind there, only carpetting. thats where my 4ga used to come in off the battery, but since im relocating it to the trunk, i'll probably just make the hole larger and reverse direction, and you that hole for the 1/0 to travel from the trunk to the alternator.

sorry, i go off on a tangent alot
that is a safe place to drill through tho (i personally dont like making holes in the factory grommets, that definately CAN cause problems)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts