B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i recently purchased my Spec- V, well it was April 30th, so its been a few months. I brought the car with the Nismo brake package, installed a Nismo Cat-back exhaust, nismo CAI, and a custom made header, purchased from sway bar and rear sway bar, but at this point, im not sure what to do with the vehicle. Different **** has ran through my mind ... maybe i hsould keep it nat. aspirated and work on teh head, throw in a 50-65 shot of nitrous, full throttle set up, and just run that. Which woudl run me about 2 grand once i get port/polish, Zex kit, and some other parts i want to replace on teh head. If not that, then i would need to start purchasing parts for a turbo, which in the end, i dont even know how high the price coudl run me. I mean, ive heard 3-6 grand after i replace all the parts needed for teh car to hadle a turbo kit. Im not really sure what I want to do, cuz i relaly dont want to end up goign naturally aspirated, then decidign, this isnt good enough, and then spending another 6 grand for a turbo kit. I woudl love to acutally talkt o someone that has done either a nitrous kit or a custom turbo kit and see how much it ran them. Maybe a few pictures, etc. If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate. If you live in the Tampa Bay area, that would be even better, that way i can get a closer look so i know wtf to do from this point on. My email is [email protected] and my AIM is "forgetboutpiper." If you are willing to help me out, please contact me, Ill be on here, email or on AIm all teh time.

ALSO, WHAT IS THE CURB WEIGHT FOR A 2004 SPEC-V, it says look the the door jam, but those numbers seem impossible. The only realisitic number there was 3750 i bleive, and that is too much for a spec-v, right?

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
bout 2700-2800 curb weight......

I'd like to take a look at your custom header!

As for custom turbo, it will cost more in the long run to do it than it would to buy a kit.

nitrous....well, let's just say niceguy covered all that in detail on here, and pituala is the resident QR25 nitrous expert.

·
Registered
149 Posts
gotpiper said:
ALSO, WHAT IS THE CURB WEIGHT FOR A 2004 SPEC-V, it says look the the door jam, but those numbers seem impossible. The only realisitic number there was 3750 i bleive, and that is too much for a spec-v, right?
I'm amazed to this day that people still don't understand Gross Vehicle Weight. Hell, I met a dumbass with a Suburban who didn't understand that 9,000 lbs. was the weight that the truck could tow, not how much it weighed. Sheesh.

Gross Vehicle Weight is the weight of the vehicle plus the weight of its load (passengers and **** in trunk). So since your Spec V weighs approx. ~2700 (depending on if you have a sunroof or not), you can load in another grand of poundage.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Kain said:
I'm amazed to this day that people still don't understand Gross Vehicle Weight. Hell, I met a dumbass with a Suburban who didn't understand that 9,000 lbs. was the weight that the truck could tow, not how much it weighed. Sheesh.

Gross Vehicle Weight is the weight of the vehicle plus the weight of its load (passengers and **** in trunk). So since your Spec V weighs approx. ~2700 (depending on if you have a sunroof or not), you can load in another grand of poundage.
Yeah, your GVW is one part of what your town or state or however it works where you live uses to calculate your registration fee. The other being value. In NH the state charges you based on weight and the town on value.

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
but what r the other 2 numbers on the door jam one is like 1743 and the other is 2061

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
ZEX...the worst word mentioned in the same sentence , since alteeza . NX seems to be the way to go , at least with a Spec-V .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, i didnt seem to notice i put Nismor barke, i met teh Nismo brake package, but yeah, they are brembos. But im just wondering, is it better to go nat. aspirated or not. I mean, turbo/supercharger will cost more, but is it worth teh money. Will Nitrous do the job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts