B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive looked at p-tuning, tirerack, etc, but no one has the rears in stock (do they even have the rears out to the public - do they make them?)

for those that have them, whered you get both sets from???

·
NISMOnkey
1,015 Posts
I bought my front brake pads from ptuning.com w/the 5% discount for board members. The banner up there (top left) will change to ptuning if you hop around enough, just navigate through that link to get the discount! Enjoy!

·
Iknowyoulovereadingso..
5,527 Posts
OR lol..you could just go to ptuing order what you want and at the check out screen where it says to enter your discount code put in this code:

PTB15SENTRA

and you should get your discount as well

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Hawk is definitely one of the big players, but they don't make any rear pads (HPS or HP+) for the 02-04 SE-R. You should check out Carbotech Engineering, I know one of the guys who works there, Matt Nicholson who pilots a pretty quick b13 SE-R in autox, so they have a lot of Nissan applications, which is always nice in this Honda dominated world. Their products have gotten good reviews by users from this board.

http://www.carbotecheng.com/appguide-pads-nissan.htm

The Carbotech Bobcat is probably equivalent to the HPS. To my knowledge they are the only company that has complete front/rear pads for the b15 SE-R. Read what Sunburst03 has to say.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92052&highlight=bobcat

I currently run Hawk HP+ up front and stock in the rear on TPM rotors, which is not very well balanced. HP+ is probably the most aggressive street pad you can get, they are very noisy, create an unreal amount of dust, but have eye popping stopping power. If you brake hard taking a sweeping corner, the car gets pretty squirrelly, the rear end actually fishtails back and forth. Not surprisingly, I'm asking for Bobcats both front and rear for my birthday present in a couple of months. BTW, I turn 30 :eek: maybe my wife will take pity on me and get me the Eibach sway set too...

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
dangling, correct me if i'm wrong, but what is Ptuning selling then: Nissan Sentra (2001-2004 All (7/2001-2004) w/ Rear Disc Brakes) - Hawk Performance HPS Ferro Carbon Rear Brake Pad Set??

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
I stand corrected, I really don't have my sh_it straight with brakes. What you listed has its own unique part number so I definitely think you're right. I guess I got it confused with the fact that they don't make a rear HP+ pad. You got me thinking though, one idea for me is to get the HPS for the rears and keep the HP+ on the front, it's a cheaper solution anyway.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
I have a set of HPS on the fronts and OE on the rears. I got my pads and Powerslot rotors from www.ptuning.com with no problems. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the input once again...ill probably just do the HPS on the fronts with OE on the rears, seems like a good way to go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts