B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked Tirerack.com, and they are out of B15 H&R Springs. They are currently on backorder. I'd like to find someone that has a set left in stock (so I don't have to wait a month,) but I don't know where to look. Most shops seem to specialize in Honda/Acura stuff. Who else would stock a Sentra Spring kit?

Any Idea's? Thanks.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
I would like to find some springs also..Let me know where to look.

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're buying H & R springs, try to get them from a local dealer...that way, if anything ****ty happens, you can return them with no hassles with re-shipping, etc.

Why? The guy who installed my Eibachs told me that not all HR springs are wonderful.

He recently installed one on a Neon (!) and the drop was about 3.25"!!! Eventually, the guy had to return to the stock springs...

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wetnose:
If you're buying H & R springs, try to get them from a local dealer...that way, if anything ****ty happens, you can return them with no hassles with re-shipping, etc.

Why? The guy who installed my Eibachs told me that not all HR springs are wonderful.

He recently installed one on a Neon (!) and the drop was about 3.25"!!! Eventually, the guy had to return to the stock springs...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well these h&rs are 1.4 back 1.6 front, so it shouldnt be that bad. dont ask richard at niskacks, he aint got none now, and if he did, he would have gotten them from tirerack.com too. thats where he gets his stuff.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
446 Posts
should we really worry that much about replacing the springs. I heard there is only 5% more travel on the shocks and struts with the 1-1.5 inch drop in height. How long will our factory shocks hold out with the added stress (although little)? How do the H & R compare to the Eibachs?

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iLLt3cK:
should we really worry that much about replacing the springs. I heard there is only 5% more travel on the shocks and struts with the 1-1.5 inch drop in height. How long will our factory shocks hold out with the added stress (although little)? How do the H & R compare to the Eibachs?

-iLL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well ill the answer to your question is basically a catch 22 your damned if you do and your damned if you don't one person says this and another says that.....It all depends on what you want to do.....I think i'm gonna just wait till someone actually gets a Shock out for us to be on the safe side.....there is a few campanies that have shocks in the making for the b15 platform.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

1 - 6 of 6 Posts