B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
The Columbus pride (me) was at a Corvette car show in Coshocton, Ohio on the 9th. Hadda help Dad show the 67 convertible.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Well hey. I was in Columbus, Cincy, and Louisville this past week showing my Nissan Pride. In Florence, Ky there is a bunch of guys that get together at the car wash and almost every night I was there and they always seemed to be in awww cause they don't know what the potential of a 4-door nissan is. :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry I missed you when you were down. Maybe next time your down, give me a call. Ohhh, I'm unlisted :p You got my numbers now though :D

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
How'd you like the big construction barrel that is Columbus?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It wasn't bad actually. I went to Passen Motorsports on Bethel Rd. But other then that I wasn't in Columbus very long.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Y2K SE said:
How'd you like the big construction barrel that is Columbus?
Heh. What do you mean by that? I live in Chicago and found a great deal out in Columbus for a car. Please tell me it's not a big pothole there? My car won't be able to take it! :)

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
No, in the last 3 years, every major freeway in Columbus has been under construction. I-270 northside widening (3 years), I-270 eastside (completed 2 years ago), I-71 widening (still under construction), Rt 315 Rebuilt (completed this year), I-70 (first stage completed last year, 2nd stage completed next year).

I-270 on the southside really needs done. That road is so bad, I can't drive on it. Too many potholes.

I-670 (the northern boarder and access point to downtown) will be closed between I-71 and Rt. 315 for 2-3 years. Then they get to finially link I-670's eastern and western portions together.

Plan on making a trip to Columbus? Visit http://www.pavingtheway.org/ first.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey Y2K SE,

Thanks a lot for that link. I can't believe that the construction work would be THAT bad?! I found a great deal on a car there and if things fall through I will be making the trip. Well, let's hope that the 400-mile trip won't destroy my ride! :(

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Where in Columbus would be heading...I might be able to help you avoid all the construction - I used to do onsite computer repair work so I made sure I knew how to get around it all!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Y2K SE,

I'm leaving TONIGHT to pick up my NEW USED CAR. :)

I'm so excited. I'll provide more info after my trip back.

Anyhow, my destination is in the northwest portion of Columbus near I-270.

As for now I am just using Mapquest's directions, although if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Shoot me an email to [email protected] and I'll give a cell-phone number should you get lost or stuck in traffic somewhere.

I'll be home all day tomorrow. (I hope.)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Y2K SE,

Thanks for offering a helping hand, but the ride there was fine. I was on I-270N for 3.5 miles, so it was no big deal. I left Chicago at around 2:50AM or so, and made it to Columbus with no heavy traffic or anything whatsoever.

The story was basically the same on the way back, except until I hit the Skyway in Chicago. Holy Lord, never attempt to go into Chicago at 2PM on a Saturday afternoon. Heh.

Anyway, I left with one SE-R and came back home with the SE-R plus an NX2000. ;)

It was worth it. Although I don't see myself making a trip like that in a long time. Well. Maybe. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts