B15 Sentra Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
thanks for the help....

another guy in another thread said he had the same thing and it ended up being the ECU. I guess I will have to take it to the shop.

K-

·
Registered
1 Posts
same thing happend to a friend

The same thing happend to Smokinser he took it to the dealership and they replaced the ecu just like you and it still didnt work the ended up bringing some "master tech" in to look at it and he concluded that it was where he had his knock sensor grounded to. He relocated the ground wire and the tach worked. don't know if it will help but its worth a try

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Re: same thing happend to a friend

whiteblurr said:
The same thing happend to Smokinser he took it to the dealership and they replaced the ecu just like you and it still didnt work the ended up bringing some "master tech" in to look at it and he concluded that it was where he had his knock sensor grounded to. He relocated the ground wire and the tach worked. don't know if it will help but its worth a try
My knock sensor is not grounded....but it seems that if I wiggle the wires around the connector sometimes it works for a split second. I am just pulling my hair out right now trying to figure this thing out...

Can I test the wiring at the ECU to tell?

K-

21 - 24 of 24 Posts