B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My freakin RPM gauge is STILL showing 0 rpm's (just a little every now and then) and I replaced the gauge cluster assembly already. Where is the sensor at that is in charge of getting the signal to the gauge? I need to know if it's loose or what???

Help -

K-

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP ---

Service guys said that the sensors should be fine...now I have to find a bad wire....

Anyone know anything?

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
ummm hate to say it but...
if you searched you would know that the RPM wire as you call it is getting signal from your ECU and not necessarily from any where on the engine.

damn it havent you sold your lemmonaide yet?

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Sry bro can't help ya I'll ask some people locally.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SR20dee said:
ummm hate to say it but...
if you searched you would know that the RPM wire as you call it is getting signal from your ECU and not necessarily from any where on the engine.

damn it havent you sold your lemmonaide yet?
I know that now...so if I test the wiring coming from the connector that plugs into the tach gauge, I am hoping to find where the short is...if not I am guessing I have to try to find the short from the ECU to the engine sensors...no no no...if that was so would the car not run right?

K-

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SentraFi said:
The signal wire from the tach goes to the BLUE WIRE W/ORANGE LINE. (BEHIND THE SPEEDO NOT THE TACH) on the gauge cluster.
I am not good with wiring at all....

why is my tach not working and my speedo is working fine? This gauge assembly is brand new...I got a meter with me and am going to test the lines tonight. I am not sure what voltage to look for though.

K-

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That blue / orange wire supposed to be giving a voltage....???
It's not giving me any voltage so I don't know. The damn thing works a split sec if I mess with some of the wires but doesn't F'n stay at idle !!!!!

ARGH !

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lost Cause said:
Of course it's a voltage what else could it be.
Well...only one wire is giving me 12 volts out of about 8 wires under there. I need a diagram to see which wires do what...

K-

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lost Cause said:
What section of the fsm do you want?? :)
I am dumb in that dept...

I was told the blue/orange wire on the speedo side is the one sending the info to the ecu. I can bend/pull/push a few and it starts to work but for alike a split second...now its just at 0 rpms. I guess a wire diagram page would work.

K-

·
The Professor
258 Posts
tach signal doesn't give off a voltage u have to just hook it up and see if it works unless u have a meter that reads tach signal, which i doubt you do.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lost Cause said:
What do you mean it doesn't give off a voltage. What is it giving off?
nothing...and neither does any of the other wires except the red one...12 volts....but everything works except the tach

K-

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was actually responding to this. In my experience w/ electronics everything works around voltage. Maybe i am just missing something.

Weapon_X said:
tach signal doesn't give off a voltage you have to just hook it up and see if it works unless you have a meter that reads tach signal, which i doubt you do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts