B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha JK

With the last of the little stuff finishing up on my car I thought I'd get back onto some ditched projects. This post is so I find time to keep the momentum up. I've got my shape, so I just laid another layer of bondo so it can set while I go home and have dinner.
Here's some pics of the mold thus far

Here's the tweeter pods I made a while back. After spending all that time tapping and not touching the original pc I think I'll smooth the ga pod into the dash and paint down to the heater controls and do all the sail pannels in the same color. Prob black, maybe silver, nothing bright.

Please don't ask me to make you one, yet. When the mold is done I'm going to rip myself off a fiberglass one. Then I may have them sent to have them vacuum molded and if enough interest, I'll do a little group buy for all those who've held their breath as long as me. Any finish like faux carbon or whatever you've seen was priced long ago and can be done (but only in quantity). Maybe even clear plex but it may cool too fast when molded.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Just need to build the back about 1mm and a little more smoothing with bondo and then prime adn paint and I have a mold. Yeah almost done, I was at work till midnite getting this far.

·
SER Mod Father
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The old bin has to be completely removed for depth. It will be completely reversable though. It can certainly be done without sitting too high, but this has that oldskool Z car look I think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.