B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When getting a universal muffler and it says "bolt-on" does that mean that it is real easy to put on and will fit without any modifications?? What size inlet do we need??? There aren't any real big hp gains, so I'm just going for the sound......if anyone knows of a not-so-ricey sounding muffler please tell me what model it is and all! Thanks!

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
chances are when getting a universal muffler you'll have to weld on brackets that will hang from the hangers on the car,,,,and you'll have to more than likely have to weld the muffler on to the mid-pipe,,,,,seeing how no one else has an exhaust system for our rides yet that I know of....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hokemon:
When getting a universal muffler and it says "bolt-on" does that mean that it is real easy to put on and will fit without any modifications?? What size inlet do we need??? There aren't any real big hp gains, so I'm just going for the sound......if anyone knows of a not-so-ricey sounding muffler please tell me what model it is and all! Thanks!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I definitely know that when a magazine article say's bolt on, it really means, "Hey, you need to do some customization to get it to fit first." At least for universal. For any other company that actually has your application, it should fit right in. Greddy mufflers sound nice wide open, but pretty quiet at idle, maybe a slight rumble. Power gains are noticable. Are you going for that sound that you'll hear all the time? I'm not sure how much sound you'll get from a universal, but most of that I've heard sound resonable. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
94 Posts
hey Hokemon well Ive got a custom Tsudo rear section and the sound is great. It doesnt sound like those civics that sound like a moped but the sound is very low and deep I love it I had mine welded on and I actually felt a difference with it on.

------------------
Blackout 01 Sentra SE 5 spd w/pp package.
Mods: Custom Iceman Intake, Custom Tsudo Exhaust, Mirror Tint 35% all around, Nokya headlight and corner ultrawhite bulbs, Eibach Sportlines dropped on 17" Katana K-6's.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2000SE:
universal and bolt on do NOT go together. it will be one or the other, not both. I have a 3A Racing universal for now and have had no ill effects whatsoever. no rust either. i believe william @ www.importpartsplus.com can get them for you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So was that easy to put on???? Do you like it????

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
259 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hokemon:

So was that easy to put on???? Do you like it????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was real easy. i sat down and watched the muffler guy weld it up for me. :D $30 and not a drop of sweat! i do enjoy the sound. deep but not raspy, just how i like it.

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wanted to keep the stock exhaust intact, so I had a friend who runs a performance exhaust shop, fabricate a complete exhaust from the midpipe on back. I say midpipe referring to the area where the exhaust bolts on behind the cat. Could not find the right flange so he fabricated one out of sheet steel. I ended up using a stainless streetline exhaust, could look clear through it, however not at all noisy, just a nice growl at high rpm.Finished it off with dual stainless tips. Cost me $225.00 complete. With a lifetime guarantee. Adios Amigos

------------------
2001 se,pp,5spd,moonroof,stillen pop charger,stainless streetline exhaust,panther alloys,eibach lowered.Former ride 94 se-r.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts