B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was washing and cleaning out my car today, and I get to the driver side rear wheel and one of the lug nuts is gone. I figure that it must have just come off so I head down to the local parts store and get a cheap one to replace until I can get to the nissan dealer. I get home and try to thread it on and realize that the d amn bolt had snapped. So my question is how big a pita is it to replace the stud? Anyone know about how much it should be to fix, I am fairly mechanically inclined and can probably do it myself, I'd just like to hear some feedback and see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

·
Registered
631 Posts
do a search on it. as far as i know, its fairly easy on the b15's (as in you dont have to pull the whole axle, like you do on mazda's D:.) that, and wheelstuds are CHEAP...like $1 each tops.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks guys, I figured that it was easy, I just didn't get a chance to pull off the wheel and get a good look as it was starting to get dark and it's just plain unbearable outside. I'll stop by the stealership tomorrow and pick one up. One question though, would it be wiser to remove the hub before beating on it or should it come out fairly easily? Again thanks for the help.

Matt

·
Registered
340 Posts
I replaced two of mine after stupidly cross threading them. (D'OH!)

They were $4 or so from my particular STEALership, but whatever.

Yeah, bang them through the back, then put the new one in there, put washers or a good sized socket on the front, and an open lug nut, tighten until the splines in the back are in tight (to the little "lip"), then remove, put your wheel on and reassemble.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
mazi said:
thanks guys, I figured that it was easy, I just didn't get a chance to pull off the wheel and get a good look as it was starting to get dark and it's just plain unbearable outside. I'll stop by the stealership tomorrow and pick one up. One question though, would it be wiser to remove the hub before beating on it or should it come out fairly easily? Again thanks for the help.

Matt
No need to remove the hub, but removing the rotor would be wise!

·
F*ck You Hippies
525 Posts
its not necceary to remove the rotor unless you want but its cake

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if only there were a rotor to remove, sadly my dinky little gxe drum will be pulled off for the procedure... a whacking I will go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts