B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jersey Sentra
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2001 SE with PP. What's the best thing to clean the wheels with? Since the disc brakes are exposed, I don't want to use anything with any kind of acid in it.

I'm also noticing a bit of rust on the brakes, is this normal?

--*Rob

G

·
Whatever you use, keep in mind that the wheels are a painted surface...just like the rest of the car. Don't use anything on the wheels that you wouldn't use on the rest of the paintwork.

The harsh chemical cleaners will etch or completely destroy the wheel clearcoat, making them look dull or hazed. If you clean your wheels regularly, soap and water should be enough to do the trick. Another tip is to wax the wheels just like the rest of the car. This will make the road/brake grime easier to get off in the future.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It's Here!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
DAMN YOU MAXX!!!! you beat me to pulp on this one

but maxx pretty much sumned it up,,,I almost never use any type of wheel cleaner,,,to harsh,,,but if you keep at it like maxx has stated it'll clean easily with soap&water...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
747 Posts
one word my brother.......MOTHERS!!!!
(it's a name brand - the best!)
it comes in a red wax like container.
Will work on any metal (gold, silver, alloy, aluminum, -- metal table legs, rims, jewelry, etc.) and take off anything. It is the miracle metal cleaner!!!! You'll see all the black junk that the naked eye wouldn't even see on all metals coming off (even after you clean it ten times and it looks sparkling clean!) on the cloth your using!!!! GET SOME!!1

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts