Registered
3,122 Posts
Stock is either 1 5/8 or 1 3/4
and Stromung is 2 1/4

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Kevin C.---'01 SR20DE said:
Wow, that is tiny. My neon came with 2.25!

Has anyone put 2.5" on their Sentra and dynoed it?
2.5" I believe has been proven to actually be too big of a diameter for N/A application. It even is a pretty decent size for turbo. Might need a bit bigger. :)

G

·
There is no need for 2.5" diameter piping. I believe Mike K dyno'd his car and LOST HP going any larger than 2.25". Unless your going turbo, there is no reason to go that big.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No need....

Sentra Styling said:
Stock is either 1 5/8 or 1 3/4
and Stromung is 2 1/4
You lose too much backpressure on an exhaust that size. Unless you're forced air, it'll most likely kill your tourque and HP numbers.

My Z had 2.25 stock piping I believe.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Re: No need....

Icemann688 (TN) said:
You lose too much backpressure on an exhaust that size. Unless you're forced air, it'll most likely kill your tourque and HP numbers.

Are you saying the 2.25 is too big? I thought that 2.25 was decided as the best size for the SR20DE. That's why we had Stromung make it that size. :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: Re: No need....

Original Mr Sentra said:
Icemann688 (TN) said:

Are you saying the 2.25 is too big? I thought that 2.25 was decided as the best size for the SR20DE. That's why we had Stromung make it that size. :)
I agree with Marvin on this one...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Re: No need....

Original Mr Sentra said:
Icemann688 (TN) said:

I meant to say 2.5, not 2.25...

The guy with the Neon was taling about a 2.5 exhaust. I just mixed up the numbers. Sorry man!

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
It's cool man, I just knew I had my numbers straight on that one. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts