B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I have a gavina!!!!!
Joined
·
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Jetta 1.8t Auto(stock) Or A Spec-v. My Friend Goes To Speed World In Arizona And He Claims His Car Is Reall Fast, He Has A Beat Up Accord With An H23 Engine Swap. He Said He Runs A 15.9, And He Keeps Saying Hell Beat Me, Because My Other Friend With The Jetta Smokes Other Spec-v's That Go There And Race, And Supposedly He Smokes The Jetta So He Is Sure That He Can Smoke Me. What Do You Guys Think
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
whoa, H23? that must have been a stroked H22A which is found in the prelude.

this is a stupid thread. but if your jetta friend is stock you'll walk on him all day long.
IB4TL
 

·
gone :(
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
I think the spec v with a good driver would win. I think that the 1.8t has 170hp. With the mods u have I think you will win. And btw an accord with a H23 isnt too amazing...LOL my friends H22 accord that I helped swap in is SICK ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,745 Posts
you can beat him for sure. now this is what you should do:
race him for 50 bucks. then after you pass him, let off the gas a bit, and only beat him by less then a car. then keep telling him he had a bad launch. he'll wanna do it again, and this time use full power. bam you just made 100 bucks.
works for me, every single weekend ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
You should be able to beat the Jetta easily...I have beat two VWs(manual 1.8T Golf & auto 1.8T Jetta) and I have an auto SE-R... From a dead stop my car pulled about 2 car lengths ahead both times. They make up some ground when their turbo starts to spool, but I didn't feel too threatened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
831 Posts
The Ko3 is a perfectly fine turbo :rolleyes: I know because i worked for VW for a while...LOL The Ko3S is what is replacing it but is basically a KO4 inside a regular KO3.(laymens terms)



Street Racing sucks please keep this race on a track :)
 

·
Red Beard Innovations
Joined
·
1,146 Posts
why are yall hating on this dude. He hasnt said shi+ about street racing. Hell, hes even saying that his friends are going to the freaking track. Learn to read.

So long as you arent the worlds worst driver, ie me, you should win
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,958 Posts
SLEEPER_V said:
why are yall hating on this dude. He hasnt said shi+ about street racing. Hell, hes even saying that his friends are going to the freaking track. Learn to read.

So long as you arent the worlds worst driver, ie me, you should win
There are too many threads about this kind of thing really. A lot of the responses that aren't cynical reference street racing. Either way, this is a dangerous topic, like Paraskas with politics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I was thinking the same thing sleeper v ... no one said anything about street racing.

Everyone knows the dangers of street racing...I almost lost a cousin of mine because of him racing a 2003 Accord V6 with his 2002 Maxima (which was beyond totalled might I add) after he went sideways into a light pole. Street racing is plain dumb IMO. I totally here all of you wanting to test out and compare your cars to others, but just realize that its not only your life your threatening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Personal experience on both counts.

Stock, you'll win, due to your excellent manual trans. If it was manula vs. Manual, it's a driver's race, with the nod towards the VW. The K03 IS a POS, but the K03S is a good turbo. It depends on the year as too which one he got. I personally have the S.

The minute he gets chipped, it'll turn into a driver's race, but it's obvious he sucks, because 15.9 is slower than what it should be going, even stock. If he was a manual, I'd worry about him getting chipped. Nothing short of spray or FI would be enough to be a major threat to him there. I'd like to see a stage 3 Jetta run a turbo QR. That'd be slick.

And keep it off the streets. I don't like reading about my fellow Arizonians dying to stupid races.
 

·
I have a gavina!!!!!
Joined
·
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Deadking said:
Personal experience on both counts.

Stock, you'll win, due to your excellent manual trans. If it was manula vs. Manual, it's a driver's race, with the nod towards the VW. The K03 IS a POS, but the K03S is a good turbo. It depends on the year as too which one he got. I personally have the S.

The minute he gets chipped, it'll turn into a driver's race, but it's obvious he sucks, because 15.9 is slower than what it should be going, even stock. If he was a manual, I'd worry about him getting chipped. Nothing short of spray or FI would be enough to be a major threat to him there. I'd like to see a stage 3 Jetta run a turbo QR. That'd be slick.

And keep it off the streets. I don't like reading about my fellow Arizonians dying to stupid races.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONCE HE GETS CHIPPED. AND THE GUY IN THE ACCORD( RUNS A 15.9) SAYS HE BEATS THE JETTA , AND SUPPOSEDLY THE JETTAQ BEATS ALL OF THE SPECS WHEN THEY RACE, SO HE THINKS HE CAN BEAT ME, HE SAYS HE'LL "SMOKE" ME( THOSE ARE HIS ACTUAL WORDS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
SUN_SPEC-V_04' said:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONCE HE GETS CHIPPED. AND THE GUY IN THE ACCORD( RUNS A 15.9) SAYS HE BEATS THE JETTA , AND SUPPOSEDLY THE JETTAQ BEATS ALL OF THE SPECS WHEN THEY RACE, SO HE THINKS HE CAN BEAT ME, HE SAYS HE'LL "SMOKE" ME( THOSE ARE HIS ACTUAL WORDS

Dude, are you yelling at me? :eek:

Seriously though. ECU reflashes on the 1.8T (Chipping) make them little monsters. They are very much improved over the stock running ability. If a guy running 15.9 thinks he's fast, run him and prove him wrong. After you do, take away his copy of "the Fast and the Furious". :D

I mean, honestly, who says they'll "smoke you" anymore? :rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,486 Posts
stop with the ****en caps and if hes getting beat by a 15.9 accord then u have your answer there so u didnt need to post another retarted thread... if u run ahigher then a 15.5 in your spec you SUCK AT LIFE
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top