B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me for not searching through our archives, but I'm looking to drift away from performance mods for a bit and focus on the tunes. Recommendations are also good, but I just want a rundown on what you all have in your b15's. :) Thanks all!

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Pioneer--DEH-P7200 H/U
Rockford Fosgate mono sub amp 280x1
Rockford Fosgate 12" in bandpass
Infinity Kappa--652.1i 6 3/4's(in the mail)

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
311 Posts
Alpine CDA-7864 deck
Kenwood 1763 2-ways up front
Blaupunkt 3-ways in the back (forgot the model number)
Kenwood 100w amplifier
Panasonic 10" sub in 1.45 cubic inch home-made box

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!
Visit my site! It's chock full of Sentra-y goodness!

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Stock 180W H/U
Kenwood KFC-1677/KFC-1687
Rockford Fosgate 360x2
Rockford Fosgate XLCs 8" (2)

Sounds pretty good if you're not a hardcore audio freak. Only things lacking are a little extra clarity and volume (need new H/U) and ear-piercing highs (I miss my old Kappas). Amp is too strong for my little subs.

This setup will change soon cuz I'm starting to miss my old sound system... :D

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ bits and pieces of it missing...

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited April 09, 2001).]

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
All stock except Pioneer TS-A1765 6 3/4" speakers in the rear deck.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
46 Posts
kenwood kdc-715S HU
boston acoustic RX-67 front
polk audio DX-6 rear deck
pioneer gm-x332 amp powers the rear speakers
dynamat original(front doors)

------------------
2000 gxe avalanche..
L/P and C/P

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sony Tape Deck XRC-400
Sony CD Changer CDX-71
AudioControl EQX
MTX Blue Thunder Pro540
MTX Blue Thunder Pro752
MTX 6.5 Components (2 sets; forgot model number)
MTX Blue Thunder BTL12 with factory box
Dynamat doors and trunk
Monster Cable wires and interconnects

------------------
HotShot CAI, Magnacore 8.5 mm, NGK platinum plugs, Borla exhaust, Konig Reign with Yokohama tires, Pilot fog lights, Hyper white headlights, clear corners, Hyper white corner lights, 30% limo tint, Sony tape deck and CD changer, AudioControl EQ, MTX Blue Thunder products: 2 amps, 4 6.5"OS mid and tweeter combos, and a 12" sub, Monster Cable audio wires and interconnects...so far

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sony Xplode CD Reciever X7500
Pioneer TS1655 6 1/2 in front
Pioneer TS1795 6 1/2 in the rear
Pioneer TS w161 6 1/2 midrange speaker (replaced the sub)
Rockford Fosgate RFZ1808 8" Sub with enclosure
and Rockford Fosgate Punxh 800a4 amplifier.

Still need the size for the tweeters and thinking of adding 2 more speakers on the rear doors.. lemme know if anyone has tried this.... Hey the new SER is gonna have em why can't we

·
Registered
78 Posts
All stock except for 2 Pioneer 10" subs in hatch boxes and Jensen 300 watt amp. Need to do some upgrading soon, but sounds good enough for my purposes right now.

------------------
Charles

2001 Sentra SE
Inferno with HyperWhite lights
PR CAI on the way, looking into Stromung Exhaust

·
Registered
16 Posts
Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200
Amp: Soundstream Lil Wonder 5
Component speakers: Focal 6 1/2" (sweet!)
12" Adire Audio Shiva subwoofer in a sealed box

Rave:The Focal speakers are the *best* speakers I have ever heard...they are very natural sounding and *excellent* for acoustic music...plenty of detail but yet can get down and dirty with some hard techno....

·
Registered
60 Posts
DEH-P5200 Pioneer H/U
MTX Thunder 250 amp
(2) 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch Subs

Interior speakers stock though, but soon to change, and I have some Radio Shack tweeters that surprisingly work really well and sound clean.

[This message has been edited by CyGuy (edited April 12, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
What I used to have:

HU: Panasonic CQ-DF200U
Subs: 2 JL's 10' 100W max ea.
Amp: Pioneer 4X 100W amp (don't remember the model name)
Components: 4 6 1/2 50W Clarions

What I'm working on:
HU: I'm keeping it! :)
Sub: 1 Cerwin Vega 12' (500W max, 250 rms)
Amps: Rockford Fosgate 250a2 (to power my sub) and I will be keeping my Pioneer amp to power my components.
Components: Keeping my Clarions as well.

I hope it will make a nice and hard sounding system...

------------------
'92 NX-1600, K&N drop-in filter, Rockford Fosgate amp and Cerwin Vega Stealth 12' in the works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well heres my setup

1.Pioneer 50x4 headunit(dont remember its model name)
2.Polk coaxial speakers all around
3.Two MTX Thunder 6 twelves in sealed box
4.MTX thunder 302 amp
5.Monster Cable wires and interconnect

as u can see Im a huge Basshead :)

U can hear me coming from a mile away!!!

------------------
Street Racing Rule #234 Never ever race in front of or right next to a police station, or donut shop for that matter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Gotta chime in here sometime.

HU: McIntosh MX405 w/ MPM4000 power meters
Front stage: Dynaudio System 240
Front stage amp: Phaze Audio Tube Driver 1500
Subs:Alumapro Alchemy 10's (2)
Sub Amp: McIntosh MC443M
EQ: Orion Concept 972
Wiring: Stinger
Electrical: Tiff battery and Alumapro CAP
Custom install w/ fiberglass kicks, amp racks and sub enclosure being performed by myself!

------------------
late,
wes
my site

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's not fair, Wes!

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Visit my site! If it were any cooler, it would probably be illegal.

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
Man you people have to get some real stereo equipment. this is my set up...

Stock head unit, feed into a singal to preamp box,by pheonix gold, there the sound goes to a Image Dynamics IDQ-1 EQ. from there the signal goes to my Perforance Techniques custom built amp(its a custom amp company out of canada) 75x4 which variable channel levels, i have the bottom 2 channel bridged to 2 OHMS running the best sub money can buy a 12" Image Dynamics IDQ-12. if u can afford one buy one. The top 2 channels on the amp go to the front componet speakers, which again is Image Dynamics Chameleon CXS component set 6.5".mounted in a custom fiberglass sealed box, the tweeters hold their stock location but have been mounted on fiberglass baffles so they could get angeled to the ears of the driver. For rear fill i use Image Dynamic 2 way coaxial speakers , which run off stock head unit power, but the sound was run through the IDQ-1 so they are in tune with the rest of the system. All of the heavy equipment is mounted in the trunk the sub resides in the left part of the trunk wall mounted on an angel so it doesn't cancel the amp is mounted in right trunk wall under plexiglass, and the IDQ-1(EQ) is mounted in the spare tire under plexiglass as well as all the fuse and distrubution blocks. i used all 4 guage power and ground cable by street wires, and all the spealer cable is EFX blue 12 guage. The IDQ-1 comes with a plam pliot looking thing that controls the whole EQ, this stays up front with the driver and i made a custom mounting spot in the arm rest in the center consol. all boxes in trunk is covered in factory color matched tweed. All work was performed by meyself. my system was tuned by myself and my friend Glen, who is currently #7 in the world. so he knows what he is doing. I would list the EQ settings but its 2 pages long oh well.

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package,
DTM muffler, custom cold air intake, NOS/ZEX hybrid Nitrous system 55 shot, HID bulbs all around. Ti vavle springs and retainers, Port and polished head, ported intake manifold, bored TB, port matched to gaskets, 5 angle vavle job. Eibach Sportline springs. x15.5 @ 88(STOCK) 14.8 @ 94(on the bottle),

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chip:
Man you people have to get some real stereo equipment. this is my set up...

Stock head unit, feed into a singal to preamp box,by pheonix gold, there the sound goes to a Image Dynamics IDQ-1 EQ. from there the signal goes to my Perforance Techniques custom built amp(its a custom amp company out of canada) 75x4 which variable channel levels, i have the bottom 2 channel bridged to 2 OHMS running the best sub money can buy a 12" Image Dynamics IDQ-12. if u can afford one buy one. The top 2 channels on the amp go to the front componet speakers, which again is Image Dynamics Chameleon CXS component set 6.5".mounted in a custom fiberglass sealed box, the tweeters hold their stock location but have been mounted on fiberglass baffles so they could get angeled to the ears of the driver. For rear fill i use Image Dynamic 2 way coaxial speakers , which run off stock head unit power, but the sound was run through the IDQ-1 so they are in tune with the rest of the system. All of the heavy equipment is mounted in the trunk the sub resides in the left part of the trunk wall mounted on an angel so it doesn't cancel the amp is mounted in right trunk wall under plexiglass, and the IDQ-1(EQ) is mounted in the spare tire under plexiglass as well as all the fuse and distrubution blocks. i used all 4 guage power and ground cable by street wires, and all the spealer cable is EFX blue 12 guage. The IDQ-1 comes with a plam pliot looking thing that controls the whole EQ, this stays up front with the driver and i made a custom mounting spot in the arm rest in the center consol. all boxes in trunk is covered in factory color matched tweed. All work was performed by meyself. my system was tuned by myself and my friend Glen, who is currently #7 in the world. so he knows what he is doing. I would list the EQ settings but its 2 pages long oh well.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa..okay, what does this all mean? :(

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
A lot of expensive stereo equpiment, thats sounds really good. i would tell you where i am ranked but i am sure i would get shut down and made fun of so i won't go there. or u will just say i don't know what i am talking about with stereos so i will not get into it

------------------
2001 sentra SE 2.0
w/ perforance package,
DTM muffler, custom cold air intake, NOS/ZEX hybrid Nitrous system 55 shot, HID bulbs all around. Ti vavle springs and retainers, Port and polished head, ported intake manifold, bored TB, port matched to gaskets, 5 angle vavle job. Eibach Sportline springs. x15.5 @ 88(STOCK) 14.8 @ 94(on the bottle),

·
Registered
311 Posts
Chip, I've got no beef with you, but don't try to start stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chip:
Man you people have to get some real stereo equipment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't insult my setup. Don't insult anybody's setup. We all work really hard on our cars, and comments like "you people have to get some real stereo equipment" is pretty uncalled for. If you do have all the equipment you quoted, you've got a sweet setup, and I respect you for that, but just back off, okay?

------------------
Samo

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Visit my site! If it were any cooler, it would probably be illegal.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.