B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this is a continuation from the previous post of the same name. If you have't replied, please reply here and please keep to the topic. If you have something to say about someone(I know who you guys are talkin about), then either private message them or post in Off Topic or something. Thanks guys, and thanks for your information! There's tons of great setups, I hope I can get something good like you all soon. :)

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

·
Registered
149 Posts
As of now I only put in a 6in Kicker Free air sub inplace of the stock. But in the near future I'm gonna put in a Nakamichi Deck, CD tech Highs, Nakamichi or digital design sub, and a Nakamichi 4ch. and a 1ch. USamps sub amp.

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2. Kaizo Speed Gear

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
JVC KD-SH55 Headunit (looks tight)
Polk EX602A 6 1/2 all around
MTX thunder 6000 10
MTX thunder 4122 amp
Just perfect. Enough sound to fill the car!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a completely stock stereo and a 5 bedroom house!

Sort of kidding - I just can't spend the $$$ some of you guys can on stereo stuff. Stupid things like mortgages and kids keep getting in the way.

I have dusted of my "Car Stereo Box" in the garage, and I am going to take it to a friends Car Audio shop and assemble something out of this:
I have 2 12" small enclosure Kenwoods
2 BIG enclosure 12" Sherwoods - these are great - part of a reference series they made about 5 years ago. 80oz magnets and kevlar cones!
A sony XM1002 amp
Some Blau 6.5" 3 ways

I may pickup a new Pioneer 2300 head unit - matches the dash nicely and has the 200w Mosfet amp and Supertuner.

I'll let you know how things turn out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is sorta off the subject, but everyone keeps dissing Best Buy (I wont mention names). Granted, their old **** sucked (eg. blaupunkt, pyle, crap pioneer, audiovox). However, they now carry some nice *** ****, including fosgate, C.V. and the new sony explod/pioneer stuff. This is a big company and its hard for manufacturers to keep up with demand, hence the small selection of good stuff. While, it's not McIntosh or PPI it's some pretty nice stuff. It also doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Especially if you work there!

My girls car is getting: (not yet installed)
Rockford Fosgate-FNX 5 1/4's in custom fiberglass pods in doors.
Cerwin Vega- HE 6 1/2's in rear
Rockford Fosgate- XLC 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure.
Have not decided on amps yet but will be one 4 channel and one 2 channel.
Thanks for your time, I will try to post pics of the project when I'm done. Thanks Wes for your site's great info!
------------------
97 nissan 240 se, stock (for now) except for custom sounds.
01 nissan sentra se/pp, stock (my girl's car).

[This message has been edited by Nismo240 (edited April 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still waiting for my SE-R Spec-V but this is what I have so far.

Alpine CDA-7864 Head
Soundstream Balanced Line Transmitter
Soundstream Rubicon 502
Soundstream Rubicon 102
Boston Acoustics ProSeries 5.5 Components (in kickpods)
Rear fill will be Boston!!
2 Boston Acoustics ProSeries 12.5lf (sealed)
Phoenix Gold 1 farad cap
Phoenix Gold wiring throughout
Phoenix Gold RCA's
This is all in my Nissan Kingcab pickup but will be custom installed in my 2002 SE-R Spec-V when it gets here. I can't wait.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That Alpine head unit is sweet, huh? I got one and I'm absolutely in love with it!

------------------
Samo

If my FTP worked, there'd be a cool picture of my car here, but no, I have to go with a local service...

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!
Visit -> my site <- ! Be sure to add your car to the cool rides!

B

·
0 Posts
Lets see how many old school fans we got out there. Can I get an "Oh yeah" if you can remember the older stuff??
Head Unit: Sony 910 ES
Processor: 766 In dash EQ/Processor
Fronts: Orion 2Ohm 5 1/4" (In the kicks for those who woner how I hade em fit)
Sub: 1 JL 4 Ohm 10"
Front Amps: One Kicker 50si per side
Sub Amp: Kicker 200si
Noise blockers, bass blochkers..all the stuff to make it sound good.

Big Weyna

------------------
~~~I want a Carbon Fiber Hood and my friends call me Rice Boy. Why?~~~

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
ok

I know this is a b12 but...
Pretty soon, when everything is done, I will have a pioneer gm-x743 running 2 pioneer 6.5" 2 ways, and 2 pioneer 6.5" coaxials, all at 60watts, along with an eclipse 33240 running at 400 watts rms driving 2 jlaudio w0s. It's gonna rock.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
ok

Well I don't know what else to do. There aren't really any amps that put out 300watts rms unless it's a cheap kenwood. The only one I've found is an mtx thunder 302, but they don't sell that at tweeter, and the eclipse is the same price. Also, my subs are 250watts rms, and the eclipse puts out 400rms at matched gain at 14.4v. It's only 300 at 12.2v and from what I understand the car moves from 12.2 and 14.4 based on the speed of the altinator. It's only gonna be 150watts over the rms, which I don't think is that much. I used to have a pioneer sub 120rms with a max rms of 400. Anyone have any ideas?

[Edited by pugnex on 05-03-2001 at 01:19 PM]

·
Registered
27 Posts
If your amp puts out 400 watts/rms and you have two subs, then each sub will be getting appox. 200 watts/rms. If your subs handle 250rms/each than you're okay.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Well actually they are 125 watts rms each, 250 for the pair. They are wired in a box in paralell, each being an 8ohm driver, for a 4ohm final impedence, so each sub would be getting 200, and the rms is 125. I don't think that that is too much over the rated myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, its not power that blows speakers. Back in my Db days, I had a cheater amp that was pushing out ungodly power to a single 2 Ohm Kicker XPL. Never blew. Its distortion that kills. you know, kinda like the Crack Kills adds you see?!?!

Big W

·
Registered
8 Posts
BigW is right

BigW is correct. Distortion kills. Power is good. That power has to be clean though. If your head unit doesn't have high voltage preouts Id recommend a Line driver. Now this may seem like an expensive option but it cuts down distorted signals from reaching your amplifier. Its a night and day difference. If you need more info don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stock head
replaced all speakers with Planet Audio speakers
5 channel 40x4 + 100x1 Xplode amp with build-in crossover and dual EQ. for front and rear.
One 12in Planet Audio Sub in small sealed enclosure.
Sounds great and looks completely stock.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had the head unit changed today ,went with a Kenwood eXcelon KRC-X858 Cassette receiver with CD changer controls. In the bottom shoot had installed a Kenwood KDC-D300 cd player. Next upgrade will do the door speakers.

Adios Amigos

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
lets see..... i just got this installed this weekend.... tell me what you think

VRX6671 Clarion Head Unit for CeNet
TTX7501z Clarion TV Tuner for CeNet
CDC655TZ Clarion 6 Disc CD Changer for CeNet
VDH9600 Clarion VHS Hi-Fi Video Cassette Player

Front-
Kappa 6-1/2" Two-Way Component System - 60.2cs

Back-
Kappa 6-1/2" Two-Way Component System - 60.2cs
Kicker 8 inch Free Air (custom mounts)

Kicker 6 - Channel Impulse Amp IX406
55 x 4
250 watts mono Class D woofer section

your lookin at a 9 speaker sound system ....this is just stage one..... this ish costs money.... stage two still to come.... finished = 11 speaker sound system

i'll have pics tonight or tomorrow

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
I also have that Alpine 7864. It should hold me over until I get my Alpine MP3 Deck..which should be out before the end of the year. I have a pair of Sony 1721s(??) in the back..fit perfect..but haven't touched the amp/sub/tweeters/fronts because A)Too Expensive B)Getting out of Debt C)To do fronts..you need mods for 6.5s or so I'm told.. anyone got any ideas? I mostly listen to Rock and Techno/Trance

1 - 20 of 24 Posts