B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm photoshopping one of the new pictures of the SE-R and i need some ideas about what to do with the back of it. Not everyone is a fan of the Sentra's backside so let me know what you all would do to change it. Thanks!

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
The *** is too bubbly and high. Back bumper is too plain and smooth. It needs more contours. The trunk should have a more aggressive "crease" to it. Tail lights should cover more of the rear and not slant downward so the *** won't look so "sad". The "three legged" spoiler has to go. Two legs will do just fine. Also, the spoiler should mount more flush so it doesn't look like a universal wing anymore.

Ok, I don't know what all that would look like but that's my $3.25 :D

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Ok when I look at my car from the sides being lowered I notice that the rear end is up really high compared to the front,,,Just the way it slants upwards.....so I think maybe some sort of skirt for the back would be nice and some new tailights would be pretty cool as well....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also noticed the back end slants up a little....i'll see what i can do about that :D

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I'd make the back-end wider. It curves in too soon too fast. That would also allow you to fix the tail-lights. Like something between our cars, and a C5 Corvette side-to-rear angle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
put a mid-sized supra spoiler on the back, make the trunk flat. and have tail lights like the '96-'00 civic coupe.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
recap...

hold up now, are we talking massive makeovers? or simply improving an already decided on design?

I would agree that flattening this, changing that, switching out taillights, etc etc would make the *** look better... but it would also not make it a Sentra design anymore... It'd be a mutant civic/corvette/supra thingy.....

I think the saddest part of the car is the ***, too... but you should concentrate on what you can add while keeping it a Sentra. Like I agree with the skirt idea. And maybe a different design for the taillights, but u can't change the assembly cuz then it wouldnt be the Sentra anymore........ The spoiler can be changed, spoilers are just additions anyway.

I was just thinking in terms of modifications, or improvements, not makeovers....... maybe that was just MY interpretation...

·
Registered
27 Posts
All you need to do is slap on the rear side skirt from the 02 SE-R. That would give it a nice clean look. Oh, but i forgot the production 02 SE-R is not going to have the rear side skirts like the show pictures had so i hope there is a way to get them soon.
I personally think its a bunch of bull *$*# that the production ser dosn't look like the show car. now people who buy the new ser are going to probably end up spending more money on the new ground effects once the 03 ser comes out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts