B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to a muffler shop to get quoted on muffler installation... Since the muffler i bought was a "2.25" inlet and the sentra stock exhaust piping is "1 3/4". The guy said.. no way i could do it. Then before i leave" He replies well.. i can do it for 100$.. ( oh so wait you can't do it at first but before i walk out you can? ) :p does that sound right 100$ to get the hangers have them cut the flanges and weld a reducer pipe on the 2.25 inlet down to a 1 3/4?

------------------
2001 SE w/PP, 5spd of course!-(Radium)

G

·
$100 just to fabricate a 1 foot long section of pipe?? I dunno man...that seems way expensive. These are the problems that you run into when you try and graft a universal muffler onto a stock system though.

I would try calling around. Explain your situation. This seems like something that shouldn't be *that* hard.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale?

·
Registered
605 Posts
100 bucks is not that bad; if they are going to weld it on. I would find somewhere that does mandrel bent piping. Get the full catback system with a 5zigen universal.

I did a lot of research on this, when I was thinking about getting the exhaust. I was settled on 2.25" mandrel bent midpiping for $260, pipe, and install. I would have to give him my aftermarket muffer to install. I was going to get the 5zigen. Not too loud, and all the honda guys say it's pretty good. BTW, I like hondas!

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2001SE:
So i went to a muffler shop to get quoted on muffler installation... Since the muffler i bought was a "2.25" inlet and the sentra stock exhaust piping is "1 3/4". The guy said.. no way i could do it. Then before i leave" He replies well.. i can do it for 100$.. ( oh so wait you can't do it at first but before i walk out you can? ) :p does that sound right 100$ to get the hangers have them cut the flanges and weld a reducer pipe on the 2.25 inlet down to a 1 3/4?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hes bullsh*tting you, go some place else. dont spend more than $50

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(the bastard sold my crx...so now im looking for another one, maybe a 91' 240sx)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i called him back and ... from the looks of it he doesn't know **** about anything. I went to a Mr. Muffler a 5 min longer drive. Quoted me 55 for the whole pie.

------------------
2001 SE w/PP, 5spd of course!-(Radium)

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
Well, if you are just getting the factory muffler cut off and the uni welded on then that guy's full of sh*t! On my old car, I had a uni put on it and it cost me $30.(cutting off factory and welding this on w/ reducer)later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, and coming soon...Stromung midpipe and custom rear section w/Apex i muffler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts