B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has removed the a/c out of there Spec V and if so what size belt did they get for it after they removed it?

·
Registered
342 Posts
no, no ones done it. Thats kind of stupid to do it on a brand new car too. to my knowlage there are no smaller belts that would fit. if you want to free up power try getting a UR pulley, remove your balance shafts, and get some motor mounts. Yes i know mounts dont do anything but they put power to the ground better. Or try intake exhaust and all that good stuff. no scence in ruining your A/C....

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Exactly

02 Black Spec V said:
no, no ones done it. Thats kind of stupid to do it on a brand new car too. to my knowlage there are no smaller belts that would fit. if you want to free up power try getting a UR pulley, remove your balance shafts, and get some motor mounts. Yes i know mounts dont do anything but they put power to the ground better. Or try intake exhaust and all that good stuff. no scence in ruining your A/C....
Removing a/c will buy you .1 HP maybe. Besides not runnung your compressor for periods of time will allow the compressor seals to take a set and the freonwill leak out. Cost to replace compressor seals $200. Dumb idea :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts