B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just waiting for the dealership to deliver my Sentra SE. I have approx. $1500 to spend. Any suggestions on what i should do? Your replys would be great. Thanks.

I have never owned a Nissan. I hope they are good cars. I owned a Hyundai Scoupe Turbo be4 this. I wasn't very pleased by it. However it was a pretty fast car, that was the only upside.

Thanks

G

·
Put $1,500 more dollars down on the car. Believe me, its the best thing you could do with the money. (I assume you are financing)

Aftermarket mods are fun, but they don't get you any closer to ownership. $1,500 is roughly 10 percent of the value of the car. That makes a big difference.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i am Financing. The deal is already done. i am paying a good price per month already! i have a good stable job. So in the end i have $1500. How about Lowering the car? Do the lowering springs adapte to the suspension well? What i mean is, is there any problems or no?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I got a WHOLE list of stuff to get for my Sentra... and the list just keeps gettin larger.

What do you wanna do first? Do you wanna go for looks first? Or performance? for 1500 u can get the whole exhaust and headers, and CAI all done... that's a BIG change.

OR... you can do the suspension and maybe squeeze out wheels and tires.... if you can get a good deal... so far I haven't heard of any problems with it except for the harsher ride.

OR... you can do a whole body kit type deal... front spoilers? or lighting effects, decals, window tinting (if not already done), and other cosmetic stuff...

You COULD even take it back to the dealer to get leather installed....

OR you could go with a sound system upgrade. Amp and subs...

I probably didnt help at all... just made things worse by making the list longer... heheh.... But if I suddenly found 1500 bucks, I'd probably go with the wheels/suspension/tires deal...

·
Registered
74 Posts
i'd go all out performance.... get the headers... 450... the CAI 225.... exhaust... 400... and the 4 set pulleys 400 .... that's what i'd do if i just got my car... pure sleeper.. then.. save up a little bit more and get the coilover kit including struts from William at www.importpartsplus.com and bam... the rest is cosmetics... that's my 2 cents for yaaa

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks guys

That list is very extensive. I have never owned a Nissan Be4. I have only heard of NISMO racing. So i am pretty new at this stuff. if i have any questions would you guys answer them? Well here is one...what does CAI stand for? I know Stillon and i know what headers and cat back exhausts are and stuff....i know all the parts, just some of the abbreviations.

As for the Car, i would rather not Tint it. I want people to see who is driving the sweet *** car :D

I would you recommend this:

1) Suspension
2) Intake
3) Exhaust
4) how much is a grille?
5) Do we have Altezza type lights available yet?

What do you guys think?

Thanks

G

·
1. If you want to do the suspension, you can do just springs (there are no struts yet,) or full coilovers. The coilovers will blow your entire budget though.

2. Intakes are available from Place Racing or Hotshot. I would advice on getting the Place Racing model though. I've had both, and the PR model is better. Around $200

3. Exhaust choices are limited aswell. Stromung or HKS. Stromung is All Stainless, the HKS is Mild steel tubing with a Stainless Muffler. $550 for Stromung, $400 for HKS.

4. The Grilles are homemade using gutter guard. Its kinda ghetto, but they seem to turn out okay. Very inexpensive.

5. Don't ask about Altezza's. It will start another heated discussion that we would like to avoid. They aren't available right now. I'll leave it at that.

Honestly though, I'd put the money down on the car. It seems like a waste, but it will pay dividends later on. YOur payments will be lower, you'll pay less money in interest, and you'll be that much closer to ownership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
gqemerson,
Yep I carry the B&G and they are made specifically for the B15.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You might want to invest and change the crappy Firestone tires they put on our SEs.

Try Kuhmo 712, good choice!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Lee, sorry man, a typo mistake.....???:confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cdn_Sentra_SE.....you must have bought your car at Midway Nissan from Ward Hoffman.....doesn't everyone from around here.
I'm from Oshawa too....maybe you've seen me around.

·
Registered
183 Posts
make sure you check your warranty because a lot of those things void the warrenty. air intake probably won't but i wold think any modifications to suspension would and headers probably as well. just make sure you check :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Vic, what is the red sticker above NISAN in the back???
Your car looks cool man!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey VIC

No i haven't seen you around...i did get it at the Nissan dealership in whitby...

Your car looks good!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks guys!
The red sticker is a Brullen sticker. It's the brand of exhaust on my car.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
CLSo1A said:
make sure you check your warranty because a lot of those things void the warrenty. air intake probably won't but i wold think any modifications to suspension would and headers probably as well. just make sure you check :)
Modifications would only void the warranty if the part that failed was directly caused by your aftermarket mod. There's a law out there that allows us to purchase aftermarket parts that could well possibly better than OEM. Find out your local laws before proceding, but it's safe to say that if you don't mess with emissions, then you're all good. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts