B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am curious what way you guys went, I'm having a hell of a hard time finding performance mods for the 2001s! Also should I try to do some bolt-ons? I dont alot about cars but I have added a three inch body lift on my jeep, a eletric fan, and added the radio(basically I can follow directions). Tell me what you did and what you did. Also, I looking to only spend about 1,500 and get the most for my money.

Lata

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'd say go with a Cold Air Intake by Place Racing you can check them out at www.placeracing.com

they have lowering springs for our cars but no shocks yet...Place racing doesn't but other companies carry them.....

Sorry for the confusion guys ;)

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

[This message has been edited by Sentra Styling (edited March 26, 2001).]

G

·
WIll the CAI's fit the 1.8L engine? I'd have a hard time believing they would be identical.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

[This message has been edited by maxximtl (edited March 26, 2001).]

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Lowering springs? Thats what i'm sayin...

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
WIll the CAI's fit the 1.6L engine? I'd have a hard time believing they would be identical.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmm I'm not really sure I know they aren't the same but I'd contact Place Racing and find out I have the catalog and they are only listing up to a 1999 1.6L

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chinoworld:
place racing have lowering springs for us?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe they only do engine swaps and Intakes,,,but I could be wrong

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
111 Posts
listen man, i also have a 2000 gxe, but cant find performance mods for it. i have emailed Place Racing to ask them about the CAI fitting our 1.8L engine and they said it should have no problem. i am still alittle skeptical about buying one just in case it dousn't fit, but oh well. if you ever find something that will fit, get back to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, me too....I was hoping to get in on the unorthodox group buy, but I checked out urorthodox's site and found out the flywheels only fit the sr20de.

I figure if I can get them, I can get a minimum 6 hp boost. Add a cold air intake, and I'll get another 5 (?). Then an exhaust...that'll add another 5 (?) hp. Headers? maybe another 5 hp.

Voila! SE power! Those are conservative estimates too...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think by what I saw from my GXE and now to my SE that the airbox "seems" to be the exact same. Everytime I messed around with the GXE box NOTHING looked different to me from the SE I now have. Might be some different bends but I highly doubt it.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NiSentraGXE2k:
listen man, i also have a 2000 gxe, but cant find performance mods for it. i have emailed Place Racing to ask them about the CAI fitting our 1.8L engine and they said it should have no problem. i am still alittle skeptical about buying one just in case it dousn't fit, but oh well. if you ever find something that will fit, get back to me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Listen this is one thing you can do take some pics of your engine and send them to me by e-mail and get me some measurments at the throttle body and also at the at the Mass air flow sensor so I can figure out if they will fit your cars or not...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Here's some numbers for the MAF adapter holding it where the bolts are square,,,,
left to right 3 1/4 inches
In a cross pattern X 4 1/2 inches

Now get the measurment of the throttle body...

And get me some pics of the motor so I can see if it would work..... :)

Trying to help you GXE's out somone do this for me.....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
111 Posts
ya ill get some pics for you of my gxe, and email them to you, i have no idea what the throttle body uis , but ill try to get some measurments. thanks bro

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

G

·
The problem might arise with the physical location of the throttle body. These are two totally different engines. The probability that the Throttle body is in the exact same spot (in relation to the rest of the components in the engine compartment) is doubtful.

Who knows though. With all the parts bin technology in the Sentra, it may just work.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I was thinking the same max but thats why I wanted to at least see the pics so I coud figure if it would,,,I am highly doubting it but who knows.....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unorthodox racing does have an Ultra S pulley for GXEs...just got contacted by them. List price of $209, I think...part #0210108_

Pretty cheap for a mod...although, can anyone tell me if it would affect the warranty?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts