B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to get nitrous for my 2K1 SE, what would be a good, safe setup? 50-shot, 75-shot, or 100-shot nitrous? I'm planning on getting a CAI, HS header, some kind of exhaust (stromung or VRS, not sure which yet), cams (down the road), and probably UR pullies, and random other small stuff if I forgot anything. Also, with that setup, and whatever shot of nitrous that would be safe get me into the 13's or low 14's?

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
An N2O kit involves more than just pumping Nitrous through your motor . There are things to take into consideration , like a bigger fuel pump , etc...A UR pulley kit isn't a bad idea , but remember that the stock fuel pump in the SR20DE , becomes the " Achilles Heel " as you continue to mod it . There are many SE owners who have used nitrous , even NiceGuy ( Stephen ) , used a 125 shot , but that wasn't through a stock SR20DE motor . A good bit of research will help you decide which route to go , as there are many form of running N2O through your motor . Direct Port N2O , seems to be the safest , if not the most expensive , as there are Wet and Dry kits as well .

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Start off small say 35 or 50. I would do you basic in and out system first before sparying, since that will help the engine breathe a little easier.

Before you spray anything over a 50 shot you will probably need a stronger clutch (Centerforce is good). Depending on how much you use the spray you may need a new clutch before then.

With full boltons and a 75 shot you should be in the low to mid 14's maybe lower.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically you need a whole rack of **** before spraying then? I always thought the clutch in the sr20 was pretty strong. I read about someone who had a turboed sr20 and a stock clutch and he never had a problem. I think he had a setup running close to 320whp or something like that. A new clutch would be a good idea anyway I think. What stage clutch would be good for that setup?

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Oop , got caught sleeping while typing....Yes Master , I meant fuel pump . :D
Actually.. the stock pump can use an underdrive pulley for sure.. They are known to cavitate at high RPM.
Travis

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Yay !!! :) I do remember reading about the water pump on the SR20DE , does not hold-up well , when turboing it ? Maybe you'd know better Trav , I mean Tarv ?
They don't break or anything.. they just cavitate at high engine RPM.. which reduces the flow output dramatically. So, you need to have an underdrive pulley to slow the pump down slighly to keep it out of the cavitation RPM.
Travis

1 - 19 of 19 Posts