B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at everyone's CAI installs, and I have noticed that most everyone has a small sensor or something mounted to the gold colored bracket that is attached to the MAF sensor. What is it? I don't have one. Also, I don't have a vacuum line to attach to the MAF adapter plate that comes with the CAI. Where does that go on your cars?

Also, does anyone else have a line that comes off the top of the transmission with a "J" shaped end on it? Mine runs side-by-side with the vacuum line that fits on the back side of the upper tube of the intake. However, it doesn't have anywhere to go. hehe. There is no clamp on the end either.

My car seems to be different than every other Sentra I've seen in the pictures, and I am trying to figure out why. I am beginning to wonder if it is a 2000 vs. 2001 thing. So far, I believe everyone that has done the CAI installs has had a 2000.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Max, I have a stock 2001 SE. You can come over to my house and pull up right beside me and we'll look at them side by side and compare. Are you coming?

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ok I think I posted this before, but please listen this time. first of all, don't u even dare connect that j-shaped line to anything, leave it alone, it is there to cool down the transmission. My car has the same thing your car does, I had no line hooked up to the MAF Sensor adapter plate, but on your stock airbow on the upper part there is a gromet(rubber piece attached to a lil metal thinggie sticking out of the airbox, just yank the thing out of the airbox and put it on the MAF Sensor Plate's little thing that sticks out. I think the difference is b/w autos and 5-speeds, but HotShot told me that Nissan just likes to mess around, so some cars have a vacuum line and others like ours do not. I do not have the gold bracket in my CAI either, people just connected the MAF sensor's plugs unto that thing or something, I am not really sure though. I just pretty much fitted my CAI in there with no cutting or anything, but when I was done I was also mesmorized by the MAF sensor plate not having anything attached to it. well now you know, later :) hope this helps

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by maxximtl:

I've been looking at everyone's CAI installs, and I have noticed that most everyone has a small sensor or something mounted to the gold colored bracket that is attached to the MAF sensor. What is it? I don't have one. Also, I don't have a vacuum line to attach to the MAF adapter plate that comes with the CAI. Where does that go on your cars?

that little vaccuum line is the APS. absolute pressure sensor. it is there to monitor barometric pressure of the incoming air. the PR CAI has a fitting for that little tube.

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
816 Posts
OOOOOhhhhh...so is THAT what that little "J" shaped tube is. I was wondering about that too. thanks for clearing that up guys.

My car has that gold bracket that you're talking about. If you look at my pics in my post in the General Discussion section, you'll see it. I can post more pics if you want a closer look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts