B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel kinda stupid for asking... I'm sure one of you guys know though. So a Quick Question for a Quick Answer! :p

I want to Paint the Chrome on the grille. Yah, I want it Black (to match my future Sentra...) I do want it body color, or non gloss (same as the OEM grille).
Do I need to Primer it first or what?
What kind of paint or Primer should I use?

THaNkS!

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon! 2 more months

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I would actually use some steel wool or sandpaper and ruff up the finish and give the primer something to stick too,,,and then primer it and paint it.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno about THAT... u think I'll still get a smooooooth finish afterwards?
Afterall, the Chrome Finish, isn't it just Chrome paint? or is it actually a piece of metal?
I guess I can find someone to scratch the Chrome Paint, but I rather paint over it...

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon! 2 more months

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JayT:
Dunno about THAT... u think I'll still get a smooooooth finish afterwards?
Afterall, the Chrome Finish, isn't it just Chrome paint? or is it actually a piece of metal?
I guess I can find someone to scratch the Chrome Paint, but I rather paint over it...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That piece is plastic, right? Sanding it, priming it, and painting it seems like it works well. The grill comes out with minimum fuss, I believe. :)

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Original Mr Sentra:
That piece is plastic, right? Sanding it, priming it, and painting it seems like it works well. The grill comes out with minimum fuss, I believe. :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes it's plastic and it comes off very easily......But use the method that I stated above and if you notice any spots that are rougher than the some others while sanding it you can use some spot puddy to smooth it out.....but just the method I stated should work well and easily.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
A guy at the bodyshop told me that after being prepped and painted, the chrome piece might have little "pores" in it.

Then again, this is coming from the guy that took my Stillen spoilerette promising to paint it, but instead ended up keeping it for almost 4 weeks, taking a mold of it for himself, and returning it back to me unpainted. That f*cking bastard! :mad: Sorry for the rant... heheh!

I'm pretty sure that if you sand it, primer it and paint it, it'll come out nice and smooth.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ stuff
Seeking SOHC VTEC once again...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SR20DE 2K:
A guy at the bodyshop told me that after being prepped and painted, the chrome piece might have little "pores" in it.

Then again, this is coming from the guy that took my Stillen spoilerette promising to paint it, but instead ended up keeping it for almost 4 weeks, taking a mold of it for himself, and returning it back to me unpainted. That f*cking bastard! :mad: Sorry for the rant... heheh!

I'm pretty sure that if you sand it, primer it and paint it, it'll come out nice and smooth.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would personally give Stillen a call and talk to Adam Hume and let him know that the guy made a mold of it to sell..

------------------

MODS:
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

1 - 7 of 7 Posts