B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I hear you can advance the timing, but you need some specail eqiument...
2. I'm gonna assume that CAI is a bolt-on.
3. I heard the strumn cat-back is.
4. ??

------------------
2001 GXE
from a i4.0 to a 1.8?
oh well

G

·
The only equipment needed for the timing advance is a timing light and a rachet. If you don't have a timing light though, I guess it wouldn't qualify.

Pullies are bolt on. It's not the easiest job, but it can be done. The Exhaust is bolt on. Headers are bolt on.

The CAI is bolt on, or "hammer on" if you bought the Hotshot. :) It is an easy install though.

Once the cams are available, they will be bolt on, although I doubt any of us would dare tackle that job.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think cams are considered a bolt on. You are adding something internal, not just bolting something to your existing motor. The procedure is in the fsm to install camshafts.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
259 Posts
the cams are not a big ordeal. once the cash is there after they are available, it will be done.

bolt ons are usually external mods that are bolted up or to the engine. (IE: intake, headers/exhaust, pullies, even a simple NOS system and ECU) i have seen cams in some circles classified as bolt ons, and some as bolt ins. call it a strap on for all i care as long as i get more power!

------------------
MY PAGE
WAIT! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2000SE:
strap on for all i care

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehhe

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(My 88 crx is almost here!)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Basically a bolt-on would be something that would be well......Bolt-on. Basically it's something that you really dont have to modify it just replaces the OEM part or Adds on

Examples of bolt-ons:

Header
CAI
Exhaust
ECU
NOS
throttle body
Pulleys
Cam sprockets

little bit more clear now
Later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts