B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i am kinda thinking of change the Intake for my 1.8L GXE...either the stillen pop cone or a CAI....

can you guys tell me which one you guys are using and which one is a better choice?

I read from the import parts plus and they said the stillen pop cone can increase the hp by 8-15...it is pretty amazing only if it is true?

will the car sound different after changing it?

thx

------------------
Please help me. I am a rook.

·
Registered
347 Posts
CAI ... if you can get one ;-) hotshits sometimes doesnt fit and PR were on backorder.

------------------
Sentra IRC server @ sentra.mine.nu port 6667

Car:
2001 Sentra Blackout GXE
Horepower mods:
Tinting +1hp chrome Wheel covers +5hp
Custom Front Plates +1hp
Still badged -7hp

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra_n00b:
Hi

i am kinda thinking of change the Intake for my 1.8L GXE...either the stillen pop cone or a CAI....

can you guys tell me which one you guys are using and which one is a better choice?

I read from the import parts plus and they said the stillen pop cone can increase the hp by 8-15...it is pretty amazing only if it is true?

will the car sound different after changing it?

thx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay dood, first off, there is TONS of posts regarding this topic...WAI vs. CAI intakes.

Second, I will try to answer you, since you're a rookie. :p You want to ask yourself a few questions before performing this mod:

*How much money are you going to spend?
*What are you going for, as far as performance?
*Do you frequently drive through lakes? :p
*What color and brand would you like to go for?

The reason's I ask these are because if you are not looking to spend a lot of money, the K&N drop in filter is your best bet to keep your stock intake and just increasing your flow of air, for a relatively cheap price. The second step could be to get the Stillen/JWT POP charger, would just consist of a MAF adapter plate and a K&N Cone Filter. While those figures you mentioned are nice, I don't think that they are entirely accurate. On a good day, maybe. This setup is also not that bad, but could be from $85 to $120 depending on where, when, and how you are purchasing it. The next step is the Cold Air Intake. This setup calls for taking out the entire stock intake piping and whatnot, replacing it with a mandrel bent pipe(s), and adding a K&N Cone Filter to the end pipe. You'll also need to possibly cut a bigger hole for the tube to go into the fenderwell. This upgrade is well worthwhile, and dyno proven for 8-10 HP increase. You can definitely feel the difference too. This costs around $160-$210 dollars depending on what company you go with and/or shipping costs.

The main thing is what you are going for. If you're not totally into the modding thing, then the simple drop in or POP charger is your best bet for some increase in power. Now, I'm not totally sure about the 1.8, but I know it'll respond with a little modification.. I don't really want to get into the lake issue, but it is safe to say if you get the CAI setup, not to try to drive through big puddles and safe yourself grief. :) I hope this helps out.

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
very well put marvin... :)

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
very well put marvin... :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I only learn from the best Gene...Heh.. :p
Hey, can you resurrect my old log in? :)

------------------
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I can't do that bro you'd either have to talk to Russ or David on that one...

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ahh, Gene, I knew that man. I got with David, and he said that he would try to piece together my old log in. Whatever is clever, it's cool. You being GOD and all, thought you might be able to hook me up. :p

------------------

G

·
I am less than 70 posts away from "GOD" status. You can start building your shrine now. hehehe. :D

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
I am less than 70 posts away from "GOD" status. You can start building your shrine now. hehehe. :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You suck Max. :( I had 560 something-odd posts before the server ate it! *pouts*

------------------

G

·
Can't Russ just change your post count on this account? I think everyone puts way too much emphasis on post count, but it is kinda cool to keep track of. Especially once you reach the GOD status. hahaha.

So, Sentra Styling has the highest post count on the site, right? How is it that I have been here so much longer than him, but I have less than half the # of posts that he does? Maybe I should start putting more effort into posting. hahaha.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>HEHEHEHEHE you still suck MAXX :D ,, J/K welcome aboard(lighting up ceremony candles)

------------------

MODS:
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can't Russ just change your post count on this account? I think everyone puts way too much emphasis on post count, but it is kinda cool to keep track of. Especially once you reach the GOD status. hahaha.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, post count would be nice, I also think it's cool to keep track of. Let's see, I had 567 posts before it went under....hey Russ? :p

------------------

1 - 12 of 12 Posts