B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my GXE on a round trip to Las Vegas this weekend. On my way back I noticed a whistleing/ whirling sound when ever I got up to 85mph. Has any one experience this problem with there car ? My car has less than 10k miles and no mods.

It sounds like air is getting in thru the windshield (the whisling) or maybe something inside the speedometer was loose and whirling around. Its not consistant and I am not
sure if I can duplicate the sound at the dealers.

Please let me know if anyone has this problem with there
car. Its very annoying and I was unsure if the car would
make it. Seems like the faster I tried to go the more intense that wurling/whisling sound got ! WTF

Thanks

[Edited by whozdatgryl on 06-10-2001 at 06:21 PM]

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
it is the widshield adhesive. take it to the dealer to be replaced. several of us and new altima's have had the same problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the dealer and they are aware of this problem with
the Sentra's and some Altima's.

They need me to take it in. I was suppose to go in on Wed but I forgot. I will make sure to get it in ASAP.

Thanks for the info !

=)

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
luv, I'm very sure. I had the exact same problem described. You really only hear it at interstate speeds 65+. I took mine in about 2-3 times before they got it right! later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hay I have the same problem with the whistleing. Im getting the recall fixed and the whisteing. Its driving me crazy and when there is a strong cross wind its even louder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts